• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General

ibpistolsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for the add. I’m trying to find out if there’s a way to locate a 69 Roadrunner that I bought new in San Diego. It came from the Los Angeles plant. I don’t think there are too many like the one I ordered. I wish I had pictures. And I wish I could give a VIN or Tag information but back then I wasn’t smart enough to write it down. I hope these facts can narrow it down

1969 Roadrunner
Los Angeles plant
Black body
White top (paint not vinyl)
4 speed
4:10 sure grip
Radio delete
No options
White interior
Bench seat
Hurst shifter with white cue ball knob
Steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps
No tach
No clock

Flat black stripes on the hood
No air or other power options

Being young and hurting for funds, I let it be reposted by a bank in Fort Worth Texas in 1970 or 1971. I can’t remember that well. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t have ever let it go. But alas . . . .

Any information you can provide would be Greatly appreciated. I know there’s a lot of people who are really knowledgeable about these things. Like I said, I don’t think there would be too many exactly like this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Good luck with your search. Welcome to the show.

ibpistolsmith

Reaction score
I don’t know much but this was a fast car. So “maybe” it was a high performance engine?? I don’t know if there were different 383 motors or not. And the salesman, (Yea I know) said it was a close ratio transmission. He didn’t order anything from the front of the book. He turned to the back performance section and ordered everything that was available. Thanks again for your support and help. I’m very new to the workings of what I hAd. I appreciate any comments or information.

Back