• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gio Intro

Gio

Reaction score
I found this car ten years ago in Wheatridge Colorado through a neighbor who said he knew where a big green mopar was sitting in a back yard for more than a decade. No engine or transmission, fender tag gone. I got it painted five years ago while I raised a couple of teenagers and this year it's finally all back together but I'm struggling with fuel pump issue's and vapor locking when hot. I'm hoping you guys can help me fix this problem. RM23 Dark Green Forest Metallic W/ Air Grabber. Deluxe interior, no console, column shift.

Last edited:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest Gio! Please post some pics of that Green Runner. Some of us like Green cars, others not so much!!! You'll see what I mean as you spend some time here!!! Just know that's it's all in fun.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio. I was born at Ft Carson.
congrats on owning the best colored mopar! lets see it!

Gio

Reaction score
1969 Roadrunner Aug 2013 001.jpg1969 Roadrunner Aug 2013 003.jpg1969 Roadrunner Aug 2013 002.jpg

I asked the body shop to add a little more pearl and remove some of the metallic to add what I thought was a little more pop to a GREEN car.

Thanks for all the welcomes it's much appreciated.

To 4spd69RR, I have a hell of a time keeping a green car clean, how do you manage a white car???. That car is stunning!. I know, I know, my door decals are to far forward, to be corrected after I can get the thing to run for more than 2 hours at a time.

Even the wife still can't wrap her brain around the godly green beast as I call it:lmao:

I built the car to be driven daily so the under side pinnings are safe and usable not factory pretty. This is no show car, I just wanted something different you wont see 5 or 10 of at any cruise.

1969 Roadrunner Aug 2013 001.jpg

1969 Roadrunner Aug 2013 003.jpg

1969 Roadrunner Aug 2013 002.jpg

Gio

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. I would start with a carb spacer and a fuel return line.

Here's my issue, 71 440 seems to sit high already and I can't mount the hood side air grabber setup already. I'm thinking a spacer is going to make my air cleaner issues worse. 2. My car doesn't seem to be setup for a return line, do you guys know of a work around?.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Gio that car is
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
are you useing the coyote duster air cleaner? 383s and 440s used a different base. If so, maybe you have a 383 base, which would sit higher.

5Ib5Nf5Fd3G13k23J1c882cc1176fb4ca169f.jpg

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Your runner sure is a beauty! even though it is green the paint job pops. For right now my runner is a garage queen while I am restoring her for a driver like your runner. Even in the garage it still collects a lot of dust, have to wipe her off often. Story behind my car is, it was a garage/barn find, previous owner had it in his garage basically torn apart since 1978. He and his son started to restore. They lost interest and I bought her. I went back through the engine, not sure of what they did; and have been working on her for the last year and a half. She is almost ready to go back onto the road soon. There are some little things I plan to do first thou. Have to change out the rear, have 4:56 gearing now, will be going with 3:91.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
View attachment 3946View attachment 3947View attachment 3948

I asked the body shop to add a little more pearl and remove some of the metallic to add what I thought was a little more pop to a GREEN car.

Thanks for all the welcomes it's much appreciated.

To 4spd69RR, I have a hell of a time keeping a green car clean, how do you manage a white car???. That car is stunning!. I know, I know, my door decals are to far forward, to be corrected after I can get the thing to run for more than 2 hours at a time.

Even the wife still can't wrap her brain around the godly green beast as I call it:lmao:

I built the car to be driven daily so the under side pinnings are safe and usable not factory pretty. This is no show car, I just wanted something different you wont see 5 or 10 of at any cruise.

That car looks great. But I thought I was looking at my car for a second! :D:

inri

Reaction score
Greetings Grio, from the Golden State!

Great looking car :)
What did you do about the car not having a fender tag? We're you able to find out all the options it originally came with? I'm curious to know how one might do that.

Thanks and Welcome!

Back