• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glass run channel ate the weatherstrip

6R9Runner

Reaction score
After a brief wrestling match the passenger vent window is out, along with the side glass. Now I know why the window was difficult to crank up- the glass run channel weatherstrip was torn and bunched up. The spot-welds once holding the bracket at the bottom of the channel had broken, possibly explaining why the strip got eaten. Other than Year One, who makes these? Its white plastic with felt and some clips.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
After a brief wrestling match the passenger vent window is out, along with the side glass. Now I know why the window was difficult to crank up- the glass run channel weatherstrip was torn and bunched up. The spot-welds once holding the bracket at the bottom of the channel had broken, possibly explaining why the strip got eaten. Other than Year One, who makes these? Its white plastic with felt and some clips.
I don't know of another source but those little buggers aint cheap :crazy:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
If you are talking about the one located on the back side of the vent window inside the chrome they are still available at your Chrysler dealer. Get a buddy who owns a body shop because they are salty. Retail around $63 each.

I am out of town but can check and get the part number if you need it.

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Funny, I never would have guessed the dealer still had them- thanks for the lead meepbeep69. If its no trouble to get the part number I'd appreciate it whenever you get the chance. Sometimes the parts counter guys are clued out about older stuff. Its crazy how much some parts cost but its a wear item and pretty specialized so they got you where they want you...

BBillyC

Reaction score
I go mine from year one duhhhh big bucks for a piece of cheap fuzzy plastic. You have to play with the length and the plastic inserts but should work well.

6R9Runner

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
I hope these are what you are looking for. Keep in mind they have the teflon little pieces too.

Thanks meepbep69- it looks like Mopar upgraded them from the original plastic-with-felt. If that's the piece, it attaches to the window, right? I appreciate the effort to get the pics. In a moment of weakness I ordered from Yr1 using the THREE0 20% discount, which basically covers tax and shipping. Maybe I'll drop by a dealership tomorrow and see what they can do.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
This slides into the backside of the vent frame which the front window then rolls up into.(sits vertical to the ground) The weather strip between the back of the window and front of the quarter (on a hardtop) is available aftermarket. If you are in the Chicagoland area try Jamie at Megaparts. I swear as fast as I get the parts I think the guy ships from my back yard.

Needed the nylon rivet at the bottom of the door glass. Ordered it yesterday and it will probably be here today tomorrow at the latest.

You will have to pop the glass to get them in. You too will probably need the two rivets-one for each door bottom. Here is the link.

http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail. ... d=102%2DRG

6R9Runner

Reaction score
(Year One carries the Mopar part). Its all together again. The vent window is a real treat to get in once the slide glass is assembled. I'll bang my knuckles all day long without a care but the risk of chipping paint is nerve-wracking!

Back