• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

going to look at sattelite convertible, what to look for

spoolinhard

Reaction score
what convertible specific pieces should I be on the lookout for? This car is a 69 and has been in a j-yard since the 70's I know pieces are missing. What interchanges with the coronet convertible?
thanks
-Kaleb

moparchris

Reaction score
Most everything will interchange but there is a tremendous amount of repop parts for them. I would be on the look out for rust in the floors and frame rails as well as the torsion bar X member.

spoolinhard

Reaction score
it looks like the windshield trim and quarter side glass is gone. Are these remade?

droptop

Reaction score
The drip rail around the top is almost always rusted out. Collects dirt and water from the top and rusts it out. There is nothing available to replace, so it has to be made from flat stock.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The quarter windows weren't on the market when I had my 69 RR vert back in the early 2000s. Tracks, etc.

mannye

Reaction score
You want to look at the chrome/stainless around the rear of the roof, because there's a few convertible only trim pieces that if missing, will cost an arm and leg IF you can find them.

If the car has buckets, make sure you have the right rear seatback with the emblem. If the rear inside panels are missing, that's another vert-only rare as hen's teeth item.

Check for rust everywhere because those rear quarters fill up with water when the car gets rained on...trunk floors are often rotted out as well as floors themselves. 30 years in a JY is enough to rot any car beyond saving especially a convertible, so unless you want to end up with an expensive parts car, make sure you check every inch of that thing.

Lots of things are easily sourced as well, so if the ragtop stuff is mostly there, then the other stuff can usually be found online, at swap meets or good ol' Year One.

Back