• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

good moves by firearms dealers in new york

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
They have the right idea, that's for sure.
they sure do....this Governor Cuomo has his head up Obamas ass.....trying to be the first state to do his gun ban

THEY WANT TO DO BACK GROUND CHECKS......MAYBE THEY SHOULD START WITH OBAMA

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
You know.... I'm not really agreeing with them on this.

The majority of the policemen in New York State are not in agreement with the SAFE laws. In fact, the only police department involved (registration etc) is the NY State Police.

As a rule, cops are pretty strong supporters of the second amendment. I don't think many will disagree with that. I can't see how withholding sales from the cops that didn't make the rules is going to do anything except not provide the cops the tools they need to do their jobs and decrease their own bottom line.

That is if... and that's a big if.... they really make any sales to New York police agencies to begin with. I'd like to see their sales numbers to be sure, but I'll bet they didn't give up much... if any. More likely this gave them a little free publicity.

:cents:

dobie

Reaction score
Big John said:
You know.... I'm not really agreeing with them on this.

The majority of the policemen in New York State are not in agreement with the SAFE laws. In fact, the only police department involved (registration etc) is the NY State Police.

As a rule, cops are pretty strong supporters of the second amendment. I don't think many will disagree with that. I can't see how withholding sales from the cops that didn't make the rules is going to do anything except not provide the cops the tools they need to do their jobs and decrease their own bottom line.

That is if... and that's a big if.... they really make any sales to New York police agencies to begin with. I'd like to see their sales numbers to be sure, but I'll bet they didn't give up much... if any. More likely this gave them a little free publicity.

:cents:

I gotta say, I've kinda been waiting on someone else to bring this up....Im fairly opinionated on this topic, for obvious reasons. I agree that the vast majority of LEO's nation wide are Second Amendment supporters, especially here in my area. As LEO's, we dont make the rules. We only uphold and enforce them. Believe me, I've got a whole list of codes in the Ohio Revised Code that I dont necessarily agree with. I also dont agree with ANY new regulations on firearms, and would even like to see most of the existing ones get axed or overhauled. Companies refusing to sell to individual officers and/or agencies are only making things harder for the line officer to get what he needs. No one has the perfect solution; however, I think that this particular policy is retarded and does nothing to help the common cause against new legislation.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU....THE POLICE NEED THESE GUNS......I THINK ALL OF THIS HAS TO DO WITH A POWER PLAY AGAINST THE GOVERNOR PULLING HIS MIDNIGHT SHIT

dobie

Reaction score
Yeah. I agree 100% with standing up for our rights and standing up against new legislation. I just dont think that boycotting police as a whole is the correct way to do it. What does that really accomplish?

No easy answer, for sure.

:cheers:

Back