• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good vibrations- not.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Recap from other posting-

Car is smoother at 90 than at 60. Solution? Try and find the vib or drive faster? :acme:

Afraid that I screwed around and let the tire flat spot. Should have jacked it up.

Started right up after the carb filled. Stabil

Really does shake at 60-65. Have to sort that out. Might be a wheel bearing issue i uncovered at the last minute in the fall. Should have replaced the inner one as well. I have a new one for when it comes home from the hibernation nest.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
More-

I noticed the hood shaking some. Didn't do that last fall before sitting.

Has good rubber bumpers.

Bad gas? Engien was smooth and strong at high speed/floored.

I had to do what I considered over tightening of a frotn wheel bearign to remove slop. Might it just be a wheel bearing dying? Was going to have to order the inner last fall, just replaced the failing outer on one side. Would get all the slop out until I got it pretty tight. Wheel turned slower jacked up that the other side.

I have the new bearing and another new outer now. Have to wait until it comes hom for good first week of April.

Or do you all think I have another issue. I greased the U joints every time I had to drop the trans last summer. Which was a lot.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad U-Joint or driveshaft problem.

clone a12

Reaction score
you feel it in the steering wheel or seat of your pants most bad joints you have a vibe in the seat most wheel balancing issues youll feel in the steering wheel if the car has bias ply tires sitting for a while will cause some flat spots but over a couple of miles should correct themselves.....just my 2c

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
clone a12 said:
you feel it in the steering wheel or seat of your pants most bad joints you have a vibe in the seat most wheel balancing issues youll feel in the steering wheel if the car has bias ply tires sitting for a while will cause some flat spots but over a couple of miles should correct themselves.....just my 2c
you hit it right on the head.....i agree :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Recap from other posting-

Car is smoother at 90 than at 60. Solution? Try and find the vib or drive faster? :acme:

Afraid that I screwed around and let the tire flat spot. Should have jacked it up.

Started right up after the carb filled. Stabil

Really does shake at 60-65. Have to sort that out. Might be a wheel bearing issue i uncovered at the last minute in the fall. Should have replaced the inner one as well. I have a new one for when it comes home from the hibernation nest.

so how did you make out....what was it???

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If your on radials you could have an internal separation, they can happen anytime for no reason at all. Try and get them spin balanced and the will know right away :cents:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've never blocked my car up, and never had any flat spotting issues. sounds like a U joint ot me.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
had the car out today.

Thought I might have heard a tell tell popping/ click at low speed. Went to DS shop and got a new USA joint. Will be dropping tranny for another TOB :brickwall: in the next month or so.

Will check the u Joints over good then.

No vib in seat.

Just not sure what to think of this. I changed the wheel bearing, but lack the tools to change the race. Starting to think the problem is the left front wheel bearing and will need a new race installed. Might take it off and take it to a guy to have the race changed out. Another new bearing, hopefully I can source a USA one, and we will be good.

I keep getting a SLIGHT amount of play after use when new bearings are installed. Race has no rough spots, but has a spotty looking surface. :huh:

Found and removed a screw in the right front today, car seems smoother with just that change.

Back