• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodmark Panels?

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
Went over to the body shop today and my rear quartes where in. :thumbsup: But when they
where test fitted they where about 2" too long? anyone else ever have this problem? My body guy said he could make them work but I am concerned with marker light location and wheel arc location. We called the GM bodyshop that ordered Goodmark's products and a Tech came out and could not believe it. He said I bet those where for a satelite...Ha Ha. Any Ideas?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1BADBIRD said:
He said I bet those where for a satelite...Ha Ha. Any Ideas?

Yeah, he's got to be right; I'm sure the Belvedere quarters are shorter in length... :bs: :loco: :lmao:

I encountered something similar with one of my Malibu Goodmark quarters...but in the other direction. ONE WAS TOO TALL; but only in front of the wheelhouse...??? The body shop zipped about 3/8" out of the middle of the passenger side, welded it back up, and everything was just ducky...I think it's just typical of the taiwanese/chinese repopped stuff...

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Were they full quarters or skins? I know the skins tend to run long. I wouldnt worry about the marker lights, Goodmark has them in the wrong place and most people cant tell.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
68 and 69 are different length. Do you have the correct year???

I'd tell Goodmark to stick them and buy some AMD panels.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
My buddy that is an AMD and Goodmark distributor says the AMD products are just a skosh thicker too...FWIW...

Ray

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i bought mine from year one and had the same problem.....if you measure off the center of the wheel well and check the layout it may work out.....i left 1 inch behind the door jam and 1 inch in front of rear tail bezel and fit it in place

6t9runner440

Reaction score
1BADBIRD said:
Went over to the body shop today and my rear quartes where in. :thumbsup: But when they
where test fitted they where about 2" too long? anyone else ever have this problem? My body guy said he could make them work but I am concerned with marker light location and wheel arc location. We called the GM bodyshop that ordered Goodmark's products and a Tech came out and could not believe it. He said I bet those where for a satelite...Ha Ha. Any Ideas?
Mine were too long too....took a lot of work to shorten them and make them fit properly...I really wish amd was around when i did the car...i think the xtra money for the amds would have paid off...just my 2 cents

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
Went to the shop today and they are on. He said it took alot of measuring and cutting and welding but they are on. Car should be in primer on tuesday. can't wait. :drive:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
1BADBIRD said:
Went to the shop today and they are on. He said it took alot of measuring and cutting and welding but they are on. Car should be in primer on tuesday. can't wait. :drive:

Nothing like a little progress to get you fired up about a project... :thumbsup:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i bought mine from year one and had the same problem.....if you measure off the center of the wheel well and check the layout it may work out.....i left 1 inch behind the door jam and 1 inch in front of rear tail bezel and fit it in place

Oh goody, I got mine from Year One too. I just hope I'm young enough to remember what those big black things hanging in the garage are for if I ever get them on..... :huh:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
george68hemirr said:

Oh goody, I got mine from Year One too. I just hope I'm young enough to remember what those big black things hanging in the garage are for if I ever get them on..... :huh:

YES AND THEY NEED BODY WORK ALSO.....THEY WERE A #3-4 ON SOME SCALE FROM YEAR ONE....do yourself a favor and check everything out....all the lips are over size too...door jamb lips ,,,fender well lips

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
....all the lips are over size too...

You see, its comments like this that send our threads totally out into left field! :jester: :lmao:
They can never be t........I mean, now why would you say a thing like that about your friends? :devil:

J

johnsons63

im planning to buy a hood from goodmark but i dont have idea on the pricing of goodmark hood this days... i don't know if i will get a good deal. do you know what is the pricing range of a goodmark hood today?

thanks,

inspira-560x403.jpg

A31PKG

Reaction score
Unless it's NOS, no panel is a true drop-in...They all take a certain amount of tweaking...
I can only comment on AMD and I give them a B.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site johnson, pop up to the intro section and tell us about you and you runner!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
welcome to the site johnson, pop up to the intro section and tell us about you and you runner!
X2.

Where are you located? I have a friend that is a distributor which is why I ask...

Collin

Reaction score
my passenger floor pan is goodmark and fits great, everything else i used the cheaper brand from auto body specialties in middletown, ct and we trimmed them to fit. the quarters on my car arenrep,acements thatbthe last owner pop riveted on and bondo'd....that was fun recutting them and actually welding them all the way....

Back