• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodmark Panels?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The tooling is so over used that goodmark is using on the quarter skins that the edges are soft and don't look right

moparchris

Reaction score
I second the AMD stuff. I originally bought Goodmark since the AMD stuff wasn't out yet. The Goodmark quality is so bad that I sold them for half price and bought the AMD panels for my wifes 69 Satellite and the fit was phenominal. One of the quarters was damaged during shipping other than that they fit perfect. I bought wheel houses and a one piece trunk floor as well. All items went in without any drama. I am an amatuer body guy at best and it was pretty easy. On a side note my good friend bought an aluminum hood for his Nova and it was the most incredible piece I have ever seen. It fit perfect and needed minimal body work to make perfect.

droptop

Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of talking with Mark Headrick (co-founder of both Goodmark and AMD) for about an hour. Man, does he have some stories!! Anyway, he told me that the Goodmark quarters were meant to be patch panels, nothing more, nothing less. When he broke away from Goodmark and founded AMD, his vision was to make full OEM replacement panels for many of the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. With a focus on Mopars as he is a true Mopar man from way back.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I recently purchased a rear bumper with mounting brackets & a passenger door skin from AMD. The bumper is very nice. The fit & finish was as good as, or better, than what I believe a new one would have looked like... The door skin needed some trimming/tweaking at the upper forward edge where it meets the fender to fit properly. Also, the door handle holes were not exactly right and required a little elbow grease with a file....otherwise, a nice piece... All things considered, I think we are lucky to have a company like AMD around....As time goes by, I'm sure their products will continue to get better & better.....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
I think we are lucky to have a company like AMD around....As time goes by, I'm sure their products will continue to get better & better.....

X2 :cheers:

A31PKG

Reaction score
And by the way....I'm told that 69 Road Runner deck lids are on the horizon!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good about AMD. a little tweaking doesn't sound bad. beats the snot outta hunting the local boneyards like we had to do before AMD, Year One, The Nats and Carsile.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Of course... It needs to be said... even NOS panels aren't the greatest. They were panels that weren't good enough to be put on the cars on the assembly line.

BTW, I bought a car from Mark Headrick years ago... A 69 GTX hemi car to restore. (I ran out of money and had to sell it before it got very far) At the time, he was getting ready to take a job at Year One to develope new products. Nice guy!

Back