• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my daughters car back from the body shop

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Motor still in roadrunner ....heads at machine shop....as you know i dropped a intake valve....no damaged to #7 piston....shut it down right away...doing 40mph..so he ordered custom titanium intake 2.40 valves/1.94 stainless exhaust valves/new comp titanium retainers/pac springs/seats/seals/super locks/have 3 bad guides ...needed new brass inserts/#8 piston lost a piece but didnt damage cylinder wall.....can hone out...so ordered new diamond piston with worksheet number so its the same weight as others/new rings/pin/and all new rod bearings.....should get heads back this monday but still waiting for piston....hope that comes in soon.....as you know i broke 5 intake valve springs....was talking to guys on moparts....big time hemi drag racers that twist them up to 9500 rpms between shifts and they break 4-5 intake valve springs in like 4-5 runs....they couldnt believe i got 10,000 miles out of my springs.....so as it stands i am not too happy and this hemi needs alot of maintenance ....every 1000-1500 adjust the valves and every 6-7000 miles change the valve springs.....its like not much fun anymore and may sell roadrunner.....was thinking hyd roller cam and lifters but with the aluminum block and heads growing .019 the engine builder doesnt think its a good idea to go that route

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hate to see you sell the car George...maybe sell the engine and get a tamer Hemi?

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey George I have a good friend down the road that has a completely rebuilt 515 with alum heads he was going to put it in a duster to play around with but ran out of money and time to fool with it. He may want to sell the 515, I personally have the tiny 440 in my bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back