• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the ol' girl out for a bit today!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lucky bastard......so where's the big hairy burnout?

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
lucky bastard......so where's the big hairy burnout?
All one wheel of it? I still have to get the carb tuned right. Right now if I jump on it too hard it either backfires, or sputters. Up to about half throttle she's good though.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'm fine with one leggers:drive: and a few WOT passes are probably just what that car needs from sitting.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
No burnouts or WOT passes today. Just a few tire chirps as I got on the highway.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It must have felt good to get it out for a while. :thumbsup: I put over 200 more miles on my car today and I really enjoyed the ride.

Last edited:

69383RR

Reaction score
Must have been fun , looking forward to getting ours out some day :sorrow:

Last edited:

Tjstartt

Reaction score
That is so COOL !! Wis I had mine to that point !! I could have rode my Harley today or taken the Vette out but I weldid on my Bird !
And had a GREAT DAY !!

inri

Reaction score
It must have felt good to get it out for a while. :thumbsup: I put over 200 more miles on my car today and I really enjoyed the ride.

Hopefully your car is not numbers matching. Why? I've heard that for every mile one drives it reduces the cars value by $1. :rimshot:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
If that's true, I could care less. I bought my car to drive. Let the next owner worry what it's worth, but I already told The Boss I want buried in it.

69383RR

Reaction score
Did you say somewhere on here that your bird was an automatic that you wanted to put a four speed in ? I'm asking because I have a project like that around the corner .

Last edited:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hopefully your car is not numbers matching. Why? I've heard that for every mile one drives it reduces the cars value by $1. :rimshot:
As far as I know it' numbers matching! With that said I'm not concerned. I didn't buy the car as an investment. I bought it to do just what I'm doing, to drive it and enjoy it. And that's what I will continue to do. In fact it may make that trip one more time this year. But then there's a problem. I have 2 A bodies that I enjoy driving so I may take one of those instead.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
do like I do with my steam engines, just rotate them, that way they all get run.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Did you say somewhere on here that your bird was an automatic that you wanted to put a four speed in ? I'm asking because I have a project like that around the corner .
Not sure who you were asking, but mine is a 4-speed.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so's mine. at least I think it is, kinda hard to remember after all this time.

Back