• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

greenpeas Intro

greenpeas

Reaction score
Mopar enthusiast. I restored a 69 Plymouth Roadrunner coupe. Black 440 4-speed RR. I also enjoy shooting & building guns. I'm a network administrator but I'd rather be wrenching on something but It doesn't pay as well.

I've done a lot of popular mods to my roadrunner such as...
auto to 4 speed conversion
disc brake conversion
headlamp relay conversion, bypass ammeter
added mini tubs & relocated my leaf springs
build my own engines

greenpeas

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Here's an old resto pic

Ah, General Lee orange over original gold paint. I even have some RR doors with "01" on the sides. Why?

surgery.jpg

surgery.jpg

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Ah, General Lee orange over original gold paint. I even have some RR doors with "01" on the sides. Why?

the day before The Nats, I took my road runner up to the local store to gas up. Guy came over and and said "nice car, I've got a '90 something Chevy....." I was polite like The Boss (my Mrs) tells me to, then another guy came out of the store and asked me if I was painting my car like the General Lee (my car is in primer). I yelled over "no, it;s the wrong kind of car" He got a confused look and said " well isn't that a Plymouth road runner?" I said "yes, but the General Lee is a 1969 Dodge Charger" He still looked confused but just walked away. And I agree, why? Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should. Love the big meats on the back, that looks mean!

Rocket

Reaction score
How difficult are the mini tubs? I really like the way that looks

greenpeas

Reaction score
If you are already doing quarters it isn't terribly bad. I say that now, ask me back then and I might have given you a different answer.

You have to cut the frame rails and install the spring relocation kits. I cut the factory tubs in half, extended them 3 1/2. I removed the portion of the factory tubs that are indented and replaced them with the donor portions that aren't indented(if that makes any sense) It's been a while since I did this.

Anyway, the result is a much larger frankentub.

modtubs.jpg

modtubs.jpg

Last edited:

moparmonk

Reaction score
Nice additions to the site. It appears you know your way around a bird. And maybe a computer, too! Welcome from Maine

Back