• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from a new member with a question.

greenpeas

Reaction score
Found this forum a while back, nice to see a dedicated forum for Roadrunners! I have a 69 440 4-speed road runner that I restored.

I've always wanted to put a front split bench back in the car. I have a good complete bench frame but some of the springs are broken. Does anyone know if seat springs are being remanufactured? I'm talking about the ones that go under your ass, not behind your back. I've also considered picking up a bench from a similar year 4-door car and for the springs. Does anyone know if they are the same between the 2-door and 4-door models? I think they would be?

Anyway, I'm glad that I found this forum!

Here's a couple of really old pictures of my car. I think I hadn't complete the trim and some other stuff when the photos were taken.

RRback.jpg

RRfront.jpg

RRback.jpg

RRfront.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
beautiful! don't know about the springs...maybe call Legendary?

quikbird

Reaction score
find somebody with an old bench seat from pretty much any b body for the springs, or perhaps an upholstery shop could repair it

droptop

Reaction score
All '69 bench seat lower springs are the same for 2 door, 4 door, and station wagons. Nice car.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Good looking runner. Any good upholstery shop should be able to help you get all fixed up with new springs. It will make a tremendous difference in the seat. The shop should also have all the special clips and all to get those springs in the right place.

Back