• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from Kansas!

taguy16

Reaction score
I live in a small town in South Central KS just north of Wichita called Newton. Not very many road Runners around here unfortunately. The one I'm working on is a '73 Mist Green model. I have been trying to get this car done for the longest time and have had a lot of frustration with the process. Seems like when I think I have something done on it something goes wrong and I have to redo it. I'm doing a complete restoration on it close to original. I did change out the original 318 engine in it to a 400 out of a Dodge truck and converted it from an automatic to an A-833 four-speed (with a pistol grip shifter of course). This car has bucket seats and a console so I don't think I've ever seen a '73 or '74 RR equipped like this. It also has AC, dual exhaust and a sure grip rear.

I've been restoring cars for myself and other people for a big part of my life now. This is the first Mopar I've done. Besides cars I enjoy restoring and riding old bicycles, playing classical guitar, baking bread, and spending time with my little dog Wheaty (who helps keep me company in the shop).

taguy16

Reaction score
Here is Wheaty the little dog i rescued many years ago:
Wheaty2.jpg
Here's a few pictures of the Road Runner I'm working on now (on the lift):
my73.jpg my73-2.jpg my73-3.jpg my73-4.jpg . I'm waiting to put the already painted front clip back on it until I get the engine and brake issues sorted out so it's easier to work on it and so they don't get damaged; also, I'm going to put the stripes on then. I had a change of heart about the stripe color: early on I was going to go with black stripes, but this last year I changed my mind to white stripes which was the original stripe color for this car, even though I think white stripes look better on a car with a white interior. I'm eventually going to switch the 14" magnum 500 wheels out for some 15" Mopar slotted rally wheels I got a while back with 245-60R tires.

Back