• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ground Straps

RR383

Reaction score
How many ground straps did the '70 RR have. Locations?

mac

What ?
Reaction score
4 i can think of. the battery to engine, engine to firewall, steering column to dash, fuel sending unit to fuel line.

rm6p

Reaction score
There is another one I was just dealing with. The small ( I think #10) wire molded into the engine ground cable clamp from the negative battery terminal to the core support.

The post above mentioned 4 others and I want to make sure I have every found point covered. Does anyone have a picture of the engine to firewall ground wire on a 70 RR? I looked at both my service manual and parts book and found nothing. I have heard that some Mopars had the engine to firewall ground wire (or braid) but I have not seen it on a 70 RR. I also cannot find a point on the firewall that looks like a connection point but, it may have been covered during the last bad restoration done by Dr Howard, Dr Fine, Dr Howard..

Ranger

Reaction score
Can't speak for the '70, but my '69 has a ground from the rear manifold bolt to the firewall.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
should be a tail light ground to the tail light panel in the trunk also

Back