• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Fourth!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
[quote="ACME A12":1hbsuws4]Looking forward to getting on a plane to PA on Thursday!

:jester:

what part of Pa you going to Ray?

Why do I see the little face-palm guy in your next post...???
...CARLISLE... :rimshot:
:jester:[/quote:1hbsuws4]

:rimshot: :facepalm: I thought you were going to be on a work related trip..........

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Yeah, they call for scattered thundershowers, but that's to be expected this time of year.
Probably wont rain at all, or maybe a shower passing through - but by no means a rain-out.

I remember the very first Chryslers at Carlisle that I attended...I'm going to guess that it was about 1998. Three very distinct memories from that show:

1) It rained cats and dogs most of the show...never completely stopped at any point that I recall... I've never seen so many pissed off MoPar owners gathered in one locale. I still have the heavy rain poncho that I bought at one of the local "dollar" stores. Sounds like I need to bring it with me again...
2) We went bowling one night at some lanes we found right outside of town. Must have gotten there around 11:00 PM or so. Nobody bothered to tell us that they had "midnight bowling". So we're just rolling a couple of games when the lights suddenly shut off and those stupid disco globes came on, Donna Summer starts blaring on the P.A. system, it was 1977 all over again - right out of the blue...
3) Having never lived in PA, we had no idea how restrictive they were on beer sales. Here you just roll up to the grocery store or haji-store or any liquor store and buy what you want, when you want. Ice cold. After we had struck out at both a convenience & a grocery store we were directed to a drive-through "beer barn". After we advised the nice young man working at the beer barn that we wanted a twelve pack of Bud Light, a twelve pack of Bud, a twelve pack of Corona, and a six pack of something else - he just glared back at us and gave us the old "you boys ain't from around here, are ya...???" routine... We grabbed a case of Bud Light and a case of Bud - warm as I recall - and headed out in search of cheap styrofoam coolers...

:jester:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Ray, don't jinx us this year....... :brickwall:

I have a buddy who used to live in Mechanisburg outside of Carlisle, I used to drive out there and we would hit lots of shows from '92 (the second Chryslers @ Carlisle) through 2000 when he moved with his wife back this way around Pittsburgh.
One year, I think it was 93 or 94, we went to the Spring Carlisle show in late April - IT SNOWED!!!
The locals who let people park on their grass were pissed! Can you say ruts? :lmao:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I just looked on the weather channel on line, Friday 30% chance of rain, Saturday 40% chance.
I'm hoping the weather gurus are wrong as usual and we wont see rain. :stooges:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Was going good until I was washing the bird and my new cell phone into the wash bucket,some one at wife's work to put it into a bad of rice and seal it. :brickwall:

Put one through the snowblower once. I walked into the Verison store and said "my phone doesn't work anymore" and when the guy said "Let's see it" I put all the pieces (the ones I found) on the counter and said "it doesn't work".

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
My step daughter came up from PA and my sons stopped over at various times during the weekend, so we got to see all the grandkids. Here's my grandson on the hood of the Chrysler.

CalandChrysler.jpg

His T-shirt says "lock up your daughters"

sam z

Reaction score
I went through the same fiasco with PA's beer laws and learned my lesson. Even in NY the liberal capital of the east coast I can pick up beer at the grocery store, cold even. That PA law thing is nothing but annoying.

Back