• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy to be a Plymouth Roadrunner owner!

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! My name is Ritchie and I actually joined a year ago but I wasn't able to post because shortly after I joined, I was diagnosed with cancer. Too much information? Too soon? Hahaha... I hope I don't get the boot for oversharing!! It's been a very long fight and I can honestly say these cars are not just cars.

I have a loving wife, family and friends. And although they have been there for me, some days when things got hard... it felt good to go into my garage and hang with my Roadrunner. The feel of the steering wheel, the comfort of the bucket seat, and that wonderful classic smell was almost better than medicine. It was healing. I promised myself once I was able, I would drive the heck out of it. And I'm keeping my promise. These cars have magic and it puts a big smile on my face. Also, it's a big plus that my doctor is a huge RR fan too!

I'm the proud owner of a 1971, 383 4-Bbl, 4-speed hurst pistol grip with air grabber hood in-violet with white vinyl top. Nothing fancy, but it's mine! I know this is a 69 forum, so I'm hoping I can tag along with you all or go kick cans? Hahaha

Anyway, I am starting to do little things like adding minor options to the RR and hopefully you guys can help with any questions I might have. Just got done installing the Gull-Wing. Next is front chin spoilers. Nice to meet you guys and I hope to talk to you soon!

Unknown.jpegUnknown-9.jpegUnknown-7.jpegUnknown-6.jpeg

V.R.D

Reaction score
this is a Road Runner forum so you are a brother to all :moparsmiley: heck we even like ssp's :moparsmiley: :moparsmiley: :moparsmiley:

Petroleum1

Reaction score
Wonderful post Ritchie...your car is awesome!! i had a '71 440+6 stick back in the day its a great car and part of RR history!!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Like Harold (droptop) noted, love the color combo. Best of luck with your battle.

James Kelly Heaton

Old Runner Lover. Building a 68 6.4 Hemi TR6060
Reaction score
At least yours has paint on it. I had a 440 4bbl 4spd I was going to put in my 68 Coupe RR. Decided to sell the 440 and 4 spd and get a 392 hemi and TR6060 6 speed instead. Already bead blasted the body, axle and subframe and suspension. Painted a coat of epoxy on the car and chassis black on the other stuff. Glad your still kickin Richie. That insidious disease has claimed 4 members of my family. Every time you get in the Road Runner Grab some gears, squeal some tires and let the engine breathe. It does wonders for the soul.

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
At least yours has paint on it. I had a 440 4bbl 4spd I was going to put in my 68 Coupe RR. Decided to sell the 440 and 4 spd and get a 392 hemi and TR6060 6 speed instead. Already bead blasted the body, axle and subframe and suspension. Painted a coat of epoxy on the car and chassis black on the other stuff. Glad your still kickin Richie. That insidious disease has claimed 4 members of my family. Every time you get in the Road Runner Grab some gears, squeal some tires and let the engine breathe. It does wonders for the soul.
Hey James, well... you cannot go wrong with a 392 HEMI!!! Glad to hear it's coming along nicely. Yeah man, I'm sorry to hear about your family members. That's why I'm just having fun with my RR and not following the "purist rules"... Life is too darn short and tomorrow is never promised to any of us... so live accordingly!!! Hahaha

mopar1cjh

Reaction score
Awesome intro Ritchie love your runner, prayers out to you and your family, keep driving, you car is beautiful, I'm a 71 owner myself, love these cars!

20200828_103809.jpg

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Awesome intro Ritchie love your runner, prayers out to you and your family, keep driving, you car is beautiful, I'm a 71 owner myself, love these cars!

View attachment 36338
BRO! That green is freaking amazing dude! And the strobe decal just gives it a perfect look! That's a fantastic looking '71. I love my RR, but I do sometimes wish it wasn't a vinyl top. I dig it, but if I could have it all in-violet with the strobe decal, I would like that better. So nice looking car brother!

Back