• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harbor Freight STANDARD Transmission floor lift

TOMRR

Reaction score
Has any one used a Standard Transmission Floor Lift that Harbor Freight sells ? They are $99 and I have a 20% off coupon !!!

Thanks Tom C.

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I have one.

All I can say is that it's better than balancing the trans on a floor jack.

TOMRR

Reaction score
I have one.

All I can say is that it's better than balancing the trans on a floor jack.

Thanks Big John , that's the way I have done it in the past !!:drive:

droptop

Reaction score
I thought a manual transmission for just for the he man. Just lay on your back, put that 833 on your chest, and bench press it into place. :acme:

TOMRR

Reaction score
I thought a manual transmission for just for the he man. Just lay on your back, put that 833 on your chest, and bench press it into place. :acme:

Yea When I was 21 That was the way I would do it !! But a little harder at 68 :victorious: lol

rockdog2112

Reaction score

Yep. That and the floor jack is the way I've always done it. The M21 in my Corvette is aluminum and real easy. The Top Loader in my Fairlane, not so much. I think my Runner is about due for a clutch so I'm not looking forward to that A833. It looks heavier that the Top Loader. I have a BendPak lift now so I'll need a tranny jack for this job. Let me know how that HF works for you.

quikbird

Reaction score
definitely recommend it. have used it several times, and constantly have friends asking if they can borrow it. that mopar 4-speed is a heavy tranny, anything that helps take the weight with control is a big help as we all get older.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Harold, you're cracking me up with that one... :lol:

Mine has to come out soon and I am so glad I have a lift and a tranny jack. My bench pressing days are WAY behind me... :jester:

jays69bird

Reaction score
When I was younger I also did the bench press thing with transmissions. Really as we get older it's just not worth. Tear out a rotator cuff at 50-60-70 and your never going to heal up 100% again. Same thing goes for your back. I remember some guy in the Hudson club in his mid 80's really screwing up his back trying to do a transmission on his 29 Hudson. It is not worth it. For 99 bucks buy the tranny jack !

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I didnt know there was difference in standard and automatic jacks, but Ive got that 450lb scissor type jack, works well,l used it for holding a frame rail during installation, taking out a auto tranny which isnt easy , and it can double as stool sometimes. I also like that you can use the air gun on it to raise and lower what your working on..... well worth the money, Good Toy

Back