• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever used poly upper control arm bushings?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever used poly upper control arm bushings? I don't want to mess these things up. Do you assemble the bushing then press it in like a rubber one or put them together on the control arm? Just looking at them it looks like putting 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag. Do you just put them into a press and hope the end caps line up? I may go get rubber ones

andy69

Reaction score
Re: Help

I had poly bushes done,I didn't witness the ordeal but he said he used a press......he did mention they were bastards getting the old ones out

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

This is what I got and the rubber ones I have used in the past are assembled

DSCN5009 (640x480).jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

sixgunrunner68 said:
When I bought mine from PST they were already assembled, and I pressed them in that way. No issues. How do they mic up? There should only be a couple thousandths interference.
The outer sleeve is fine so on my bench I put the poly into the outer and then the inner into the poly and it causes the poly to grow in length to the point that putting the caps on looks like a no go. I tried to press the inner cap and it comes right back off the outer is fine, but look how much poly has to be compressed for the inner cap to hold?

DSCN5011 (640x480).jpg

DSCN5010 (640x480).jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

I bought these from Summit but I think I'll run down the road and get these. But first I'm going to call and make sure they are put together

300x177_1193174431.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

sixgunrunner68 said:
Will it fit the mounts on the car being that long? Maybe the cap gets held in place when installing the c.a.?
The cap is supposed to press into the tube but it pops back off. I don't think they would ever go into the car that way

andy69

Reaction score

Take the mofos back get the after mentioned ones......better in the long run

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

sixgunrunner68 said:
When I bought mine from PST they were already assembled, and I pressed them in that way. No issues.
:yeathat:

Never seen them as pictured here...

mcmopar

Reaction score

andy69 said:
Mine the same,already assembled just press in
Same here. I got my poly bushings from PSC (Performance Suspension Components) along with the rest of the front suspension parts. I went with PSC because they included the idler arm. No one else did.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
When I bought mine from PST they were already assembled, and I pressed them in that way. No issues.

probably pissed off the pimply faced counter kid and he took them apart......

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

I called a couple of sources today and they told me they are leaving them apart so they get greased by the mechanic because of the complaints of squeaky bushings. I went to my local parts store and got Moog rubber ones, problem solved. I know for you purists, the upper control arm should be natural in color but they didn't clean up very well so they got the over the counter replacement black paint, its only an A-body :D

DSCN5012 (640x480).jpg

moparchris

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

Same here, but I always drive them in with a hammer and a vise.

Back