• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header Bolts on Hemi Head

zupanj

Reaction score
Well I think I am ready to go again. Had family in last week so not much progress. I sure am glad I am doing this on the garage floor. A machinist friend came over last week and retapped the holes for the exhaust ports with a bottoming tap and a 1" bolt will hold the headers on nicely now. Funny how some people said to go with the 3/4" bolt when I called around. I don't think that would have held.

I had to grind off a bit of block to finally get the fuel pump to seat but I think that's now done too. I played with it on Sunday evening and it seemed to fit OK.

I bought a Denso starter from Mancini which is 61/2" long vs. 8" for the RobbMac starter. It fits OK but there is still not a lot of room. Had to grind a nipple off the passenger side of the bellhousing for header fitment but no big deal.

So I think I have all issues resolved. If I can grab a few buddies I will install the engine in the car this weekend.

I'm excited again. :banana:

Back