• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heater core

dbc105

Reaction score
anyone have an inside line on a heater core for an a/c car? I got it all out of my '68 and it is the one with 2 halves, left & right. the ones for a non air car are available everywhere. I see $185 at Year One.

Thanks,
DC

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Send a PM to Mac to get his attention. He rebuilds the complete units on the side. If anyone knows where to get the correct heater core it'll be him...

Ray

mac

What ?
Reaction score
unfortunately, suppliers for the heater core you need are very scarce. vendors like classic auto air have them available but you will pay a premium. the price from year one sounds good compared to what i have seen. this is why i try to stick with the non a/c units. :yesnod:

moparstuart

Reaction score
mac said:
unfortunately, suppliers for the heater core you need are very scarce. vendors like classic auto air have them available but you will pay a premium. the price from year one sounds good compared to what i have seen. this is why i try to stick with the non a/c units. :yesnod:
if year one really has them for that grab it I paid double that for mine .

A12

Reaction score
dbc105 said:
anyone have an inside line on a heater core for an a/c car? I got it all out of my '68 and it is the one with 2 halves, left & right. the ones for a non air car are available everywhere. I see $185 at Year One.

Thanks,
DC

$185 is the best price that I've seen so far too and there are very few outlets that have them available. Egag has them for $257 and up as Stuart pointed out.

On a related note, I was surprise at what is available from Advance Auto Parts for '68/'69 A/C :eek: OE type compressors, clutches, and a few other OE things. A non-A/C heater core is I think less than $40 but sad to say no A/C type heater core(s)..........I wonder what NAPA has or can get?

5890675_faa_57059_pri_detl.jpg
5896924_faa_48833_pri_detl.jpg
5892430_faa_38683_pri_detl.jpg
3899047_faa_33317_pri_detl.jpg
18890183_faa_24506_pri_detl.jpg

MikeR

Back