• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello all!

RogerCam

Reaction score
I’m Roger, my dad gave me his 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 he bought his senior year of high school. He met my mom the year after and they have been married 47 years. Fixing up the car so they can have a first date again before anything happens. All advise is appreciated. Thanks.

DE757F6F-8BCA-45C4-8577-78763AA92F87.jpeg

142D10AD-3627-4232-8B2C-E45F24F48E0B.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
:welcome: From Fla. That is grate that you are going to get the bird going so your parents can have that date. Good luck with the project and keep us informed.

RogerCam

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, going to have to look at her vin to double check. She gets tires and a battery next week. I will keep you all posted.

quikbird

Reaction score
welcome to the group.
If the car has been sitting for a while, check the gas tank etc for rust, sludge, and varnish etc before trying to start it

RogerCam

Reaction score
welcome to the group.
If the car has been sitting for a while, check the gas tank etc for rust, sludge, and varnish etc before trying to start it
Will do. For now going to run a separate gas tank and pull the valve covers off and distributor and prime spin the oil pump with a drill. Will keep you all posted.

dmartin

Reaction score
Welcome from the peach state with the wave, just needs a little TLC and soap and water to find out what really there hopefully you have a good car, we are all here to help

TOMRR

Reaction score
Wow !! Good Luck with your project !!

Vinny

Reaction score
Greetings from NJ. Don’t even think about turning that key before you spray some lube in the cylinders, through the spark plug holes, especially if it has been sitting for years. Wait a day or 2, then hand crank the motor, to be certain it is free. Good luck getting it running. That is always an exciting moment.

Back