• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Az

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Trying this again. New here, and purchased an early 68 RR, Electric Blue, 383 HP, 4 speed, rust free project from the original owner. He and his son had started a resto project and decided to sell the car. Body is strieght, but he had cut the fenders slightly, and changed the axle to an A body one to fit wrinkle tires. He also cut out the inner wheel well, and some of the trunk floor for those to fit, but kept the pieces that were cut out. Floor looks great, no surface rust anywhere. Got the original 4 speed and engine, plus 2 more 383 HP engines and a 727 with a floor shifter. What kind of value do you guys put on what I have? Thanks, just don't know whether to flip this one, or fix it up.

Oh, added Photo of Fender Tag!

Just noticed that I should have stated the color as "Electric Blue".

Oct12012photos020.jpg
Oct12012photos019.jpg

Oct12012photos.jpg

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Very nice find, it looks like the car had a vinyl top on it originally. I would place a value at $10 to 12K as it sits.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site! hope you keep your runner hang hang around for the fun. We won;t hold it against you bacause itr's a '68 :jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome! I just sold 2 project 69s 383 4 speed cars. The market is super soft. I would say 2500 to 3500.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ok guys get your Dick Tracey decoders out he posted a pic of the fender tag above. So far its a 68 2dr hardtop, 4spd, 383 hp,build was in Feb, with F70 red side wall tires, QQ1 is similar to B5 blue see my avatar, blue bench interior

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Basketcase said:
welcome to the site! hope you keep your runner hang hang around for the fun. We won;t hold it against you bacause itr's a '68 :jester:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
welcome from new york
:yeathat: :yeathat: :yeathat: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
calm down Uncle George...I said '68, not '68 1/2..... :D

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ok guys get your Dick Tracey decoders out he posted a pic of the fender tag above. So far its a 68 2dr hardtop, 4spd, 383 hp,build was in Feb, with F70 red side wall tires, QQ1 is similar to B5 blue see my avatar, blue bench interior

CAR: Plymouth RoadRunner 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: F70x14 Red Side Wall, Steel Belted
BUILD DATE: February 13.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Split Bench Seats. Light Blue Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only

abc OPTIONS:
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

John69RR

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. :cheers: :cheers: Thats a creative place to put that RR decal on the hood.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Thanks for the decoding, but I do have a question. I have been told a few things are not quite "right" maybe? The turn signal indicators for one thing, and the trim appearing to be due to a vynal roof, but I didn't see anything when I decoded the fender tag about a vynal roof? Original owner told me this was a "crossover" car and the Title saying "Plymouth Belevedere Roadrunner" have anything to do with it?

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Oh and thanks from the guy in Texas, was born there (Spur) and lived in Texas until I turned 40! Great place to be from and to go back to, but love the altitude and pine trees too much!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jerrysdustydog said:
Thanks for the decoding, but I do have a question. I have been told a few things are not quite "right" maybe? The turn signal indicators for one thing, and the trim appearing to be due to a vynal roof, but I didn't see anything when I decoded the fender tag about a vynal roof? Original owner told me this was a "crossover" car and the Title saying "Plymouth Belevedere Roadrunner" have anything to do with it?

No earthly idea what a "crossover" car would be. People make up some pretty silly shit and pass it off to other unsuspecting individuals who erroneously assume it to be the gospel. Seems to happen more frequently in the automotive hobby than anything else I can think of...but I digress... :lol: Maybe he was referring to this being a hardtop as the early '68s were all coupes (with a B-pillar post). Who knows...

Vinyl top could have been added at the dealership or later in life by a PO. Judging by the holes in the hood, the decal on the hood, and all of the mods you have described nothing that you uncover should surprise you too much...this car has been played with... :D

As for the title, well they were all "Belvederes" if you refer simply to the vehicle platform, although your car is more technically a "Satellite Road Runner" as it is a hardtop. By 1968 Belvedere and Satellite had evolved into the lower and higher priced lines of essentially the same vehicle. Plymouth dropped the Road Runner right in the middle of the two - hence the "M" in the VIN, as in "medium priced".

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
jerrysdustydog said:

No earthly idea what a "crossover" car would be. People make up some pretty silly shit and pass it off to other unsuspecting individuals who erroneously assume it to be the gospel. Seems to happen more frequently in the automotive hobby than anything else I can think of...but I digress... :lol: Maybe he was referring to this being a hardtop as the early '68s were all coupes (with a B-pillar post). Who knows...

Vinyl top could have been added at the dealership or later in life by a PO. Judging by the holes in the hood, the decal on the hood, and all of the mods you have described nothing that you uncover should surprise you too much...this car has been played with... :D

As for the title, well they were all "Belvederes" if you refer simply to the vehicle platform, although your car is more technically a "Satellite Road Runner" as it is a hardtop. By 1968 Belvedere and Satellite had evolved into the lower and higher priced lines of essentially the same vehicle. Plymouth dropped the Road Runner right in the middle of the two - hence the "M" in the VIN, as in "medium priced".
I was looking at the turn signals in the middle of the fenders which I still contend are for a flat hood, but we have been over this. never say never.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
jerrysdustydog said:

I was looking at the turn signals in the middle of the fenders which I still contend are for a flat hood, but we have been over this. never say never.
I believe that could be correct. I know of a '69 Road Runner that was recently restored by the original owner and his car has the same style signals and are in the same location. He says that is how they came when he bought the car brand new. They are hard to see but here's a pic.

IM000373.jpg

Back