• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from CT!

The Rebel

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just joined as for some time I've always wanted a muscle car as a lot of my buddies had them in when we were in HS (Camaros, Barracudas, GTOs....). I graduated in 88.

I've began my research about a month ago and joined FBBO as I've been interested in 69 Chargers (I was born in 69) but prices for $40-$50 are just way to expensive.

I just saw this an wanted to get your opinions: http://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/3622-cha/1969-plymouth-road-runner

I've driven standard only a few times in my life but to me it would seem pretty fun to drive it as a standard to get that race car feel rather than manual.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

quikbird

Reaction score
Most of it looks pretty good. It's the little details need to watch for. Headliner is wrinkly, should be tight. No heater connection, no windshield washer parts, the wiper motor has not even been cleaned up, still rusty, is manual brakes and steering, can be tough to turn at low speeds, wrong steering wheel, lots of rusty stuff that should be cleaner. That makes me wonder what else got the shortcut treatment. I think overpriced by about 8-10k

The Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! When I hear back from them I'm definitely asking to get the Fender Tag, see if it's a matching #'s car...etc...

I'm planning to ask them to sell at $27K as a bargaining chip, see if they would fix the heater connection, windshield washer parts, replace the wiper motor & tighten the headliner. I'd search for a correct steering wheel & console cover & fix myself.

I'd also line up an independent inspection on my own rather than using "their local guy"

Coyote

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, good luck with your maybe new RR. Don't jump too soon. Check carefully, mine was put together by someone that knew a lot about MOPARs, but even moer about money. Money, time (lotsa both) to get it squared away!

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
The Rebel, I will be in Charlotte in two weeks on the weekend and might be able to go check it out for you if you want. Just let me know and I am glad to help if I can.

The Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind offer Don. I got a lot of good advice from this forum as well as from FBBO that the car had a lot of small issues perhaps masking bigger issues. I called them a week ago as well as sending them an email but got no response so I'm passing on it.

The Rebel, I will be in Charlotte in two weeks on the weekend and might be able to go check it out for you if you want. Just let me know and I am glad to help if I can.

Coyote

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind offer Don. I got a lot of good advice from this forum as well as from FBBO that the car had a lot of small issues perhaps masking bigger issues. I called them a week ago as well as sending them an email but got no response so I'm passing on it.

Oh my, an attack of common sense (NOT COMMON SENSE)! There are a lot of nice RR's out there in that price range. Take your time, don't jump too soon. The right one will show up and will be YOUR car!

The Rebel

Reaction score
As the old saying goes "A fool & his money are soon parted". So common sense rules the day" :yesnod:

Oh my, an attack of common sense (NOT COMMON SENSE)! There are a lot of nice RR's out there in that price range. Take your time, don't jump too soon. The right one will show up and will be YOUR car!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome from Fl. Just got my car 6 month ago. I have a long road to go with my restoration. Bought my car for 6500. has a lot of rust but am up for the job figure to save money buy doing a lot of work my self. Being retired have a lot of time. Part's aren't cheap but my labor is. Hope I know what is a head of me. Door hinge pillar replacement possible rocker on driver side rear quarter's trunk extenshion's and it goes on and on. Well their are a lot of good people here. Have fun.

The Rebel

Reaction score
Nope never heard back from them on this but so many people pointed out so many flaws I decided to steer clear (every pun intended) away from it. A 68/69 Charger is my 1st choice anyhow but not ruling out 69 RR or Superbees.

any status update?

Back