• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Kansas City!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah just because they get "resuced" doesn't mean they're safe. there was a '68
Coronet R/T ln a farmers field where lt has sat slnce '72. the hood was chalned shut. four speed Dana car. many had trled to buy lt. the "frlend" that was dolng the bodywork( screwlng lt up) was able to buy lt. had a 383 ln place of the 440. l found hlm a set of perfect doors. he found at the Nats a great buldge hood and one fender. one rear frame rail was shot so l gave hlm a spare. lt even made lt lnto hls garage for a few months. then lt sat outslde for years untlll lt flnally got too bad.

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
Fellow mafioso has made contact................double secret pic passed.

Wonder if that seat frame would clean up with some sand blasting? Split benches for 2-doors aren't exactly growing on trees. Seat ornaments are rough but at least there.

ViewThroughDrivSideDoorOfInterior.jpg

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yeah just because they get "resuced" doesn't mean they're safe. there was a '68
Coronet R/T ln a farmers field where lt has sat slnce '72. the hood was chalned shut. four speed Dana car. many had trled to buy lt. the "frlend" that was dolng the bodywork( screwlng lt up) was able to buy lt. had a 383 ln place of the 440. l found hlm a set of perfect doors. he found at the Nats a great buldge hood and one fender. one rear frame rail was shot so l gave hlm a spare. lt even made lt lnto hls garage for a few months. then lt sat outslde for years untlll lt flnally got too bad.

At the height of the latest run-up in muscle car prices, I know a guy that parted out a complete Arizona triple black 68 Coronet R/T loaded with options, including a couple of rare ones. Why? Because he could get $1000 more for the parts separately than the best offer he had on the car.

69B5

Reaction score
It's a shame what some think of our classic mopars. The money seems to be all some are concerned about. I'd sure like to have an extra $1000 too, but to me, to preserve a piece of history, and fun to drive also, I'd work overtime to earn the extra money. And to let these cars root away in some field because, " I'm going to restore it one of these days" is worse. There, I've vented and gave my $.02.
Good day and good luck!

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
Received a current status update.......from a friend of the guy's cousin.

Seems that not long after these pictures would have been taken, the car was put inside out of the weather. (2003?)

Probably a case of shutting the barn door after the horse got out, but still beats the crusher.

Better candidates for resto out there, but this Road Runner looks to still have a lot of goodies to be had in the least.

moparstuart

Reaction score
MOPARHOUND! said:
Received a current status update.......from a friend of the guy's cousin.

Seems that not long after these pictures would have been taken, the car was put inside out of the weather. (2003?)

Probably a case of shutting the barn door after the horse got out, but still beats the crusher.

Better candidates for resto out there, but this Road Runner looks to still have a lot of goodies to be had in the least.
with AMD out there now i have seen worse restored there are 4 cars on forbodiesonly right now being restored that were really bad !!! Donnie has a GTX and Satelite , props and the dog are coming together but were horrible before . U do have alot more deserving canidates thou

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
MOPARHOUND! said:
Hi all!

Recognize a few handles on here, along with my old buddy and pal, moparstuart.

Don't post on the internet boards as much as in years past, but will try to drop in from time to time.

68-72 B-body nut.

Best candidate for resto in the barn is a 69 RR Ice Blue/Blue 383/4-speed. Engine #'s match, but 4-speed was adapted from a '74 360(?), so trans went on the shelf. Have since discovered a 69 4 speed with a full 69 RR VIN destined for this RR.

Back in the good old days, my brother and I use to cruise around engaging in our favorite pasttime, something we called "car hunting". We would drive around the greater Kansas City are looking for '68-'71 Dodges and Plymouths in backyards and driveways.

One day driving through a neighborhood near the inner city we spied a gray primered 69 Road Runner under a car port. We stopped to talk to the owner, but learned he was in jail. Undaunted, we expressed serious interest in the Plymouth under the car port, and the owner's relative said the guy needed money for a lawyer. We looked the car over, discovering it was a factory 4 speed car, with an orange 383 with the usual hot rod goodies of a Holley carb, Edelbrock intake, and headers. The car was said to have been running when it was parked, though it had been ditched at some point nose first, bending the front bumper slightly back at the bottom.

An offer was made, and we planned to return in a couple a days to sort things out if the relative could visit the owner in the jailhouse. Fortunately for us, it all worked out. We returned as planned, a little gas down the carb, and the Runner fired right up. Drove it across town straight home, a bit bolder in those days than now.....LOL.

Getting late..........more later..........pic's somewhere........

moparstuart

Reaction score
MOPARHOUND! said:
[quote="MOPARHOUND!":lkvka6fk]Hi all!

Recognize a few handles on here, along with my old buddy and pal, moparstuart.

Don't post on the internet boards as much as in years past, but will try to drop in from time to time.

68-72 B-body nut.

Best candidate for resto in the barn is a 69 RR Ice Blue/Blue 383/4-speed. Engine #'s match, but 4-speed was adapted from a '74 360(?), so trans went on the shelf. Have since discovered a 69 4 speed with a full 69 RR VIN destined for this RR.

Back in the good old days, my brother and I use to cruise around engaging in our favorite pasttime, something we called "car hunting". We would drive around the greater Kansas City are looking for '68-'71 Dodges and Plymouths in backyards and driveways.

One day driving through a neighborhood near the inner city we spied a gray primered 69 Road Runner under a car port. We stopped to talk to the owner, but learned he was in jail. Undaunted, we expressed serious interest in the Plymouth under the car port, and the owner's relative said the guy needed money for a lawyer. We looked the car over, discovering it was a factory 4 speed car, with an orange 383 with the usual hot rod goodies of a Holley carb, Edelbrock intake, and headers. The car was said to have been running when it was parked, though it had been ditched at some point nose first, bending the front bumper slightly back at the bottom.

An offer was made, and we planned to return in a couple a days to sort things out if the relative could visit the owner in the jailhouse. Fortunately for us, it all worked out. We returned as planned, a little gas down the carb, and the Runner fired right up. Drove it across town straight home, a bit bolder in those days than now.....LOL.

Getting late..........more later..........pic's somewhere........[/quote:lkvka6fk]
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
So.....we get the car home and start tinkering with it.

We noticed it had the typical signs of a worn 833, sloppy going into 2nd gear, and then sometimes popping out of 2nd gear under hard acceleration.

The 383 was low on power, and seemed tired. We decided to pull the drive train, but we did manage to tow it to the drag strip for a couple of passes at K.C.I.R. (R.I.P.) before dis-assembly.

Like too many other projects, it was taken apart, then set aside for another project that seemed more promising.

Years later we were able to decode the engine and trans. The engine we discovered to be #'s matching to the car. The trans decoded for a 1974 318 or 360 application. Someone had swapped on a '69 model year tail-shaft to make it work in the '69 Plymouth Road Runner.

Fender tag decoded as B3 Ice Blue, with the better H2B B7 Blue interior. Never found the Broadcast Sheet, someone had changed all the interior parts over to Black. I had thought for the longest time it was a B5 Blue car originally, given what paint was showing through the primer in places.

It went from being outside, to a garage, to a shop, to outside, to finally inside a garage for the last 10 years or so.

More story later................

Removing the bumper revealed the B3 Blue, along with gray primer, red primer, and something similar to B5 Blue on the car.

69RoadRunnerB3BlueBlack383_4Speed4ColorsRevised2.jpg

moparstuart

Reaction score
MOPARHOUND! said:
So.....we get the car home and start tinkering with it.

We noticed it had the typical signs of a worn 833, sloppy going into 2nd gear, and then sometimes popping out of 2nd gear under hard acceleration.

The 383 was low on power, and seemed tired. We decided to pull the drive train, but we did manage to tow it to the drag strip for a couple of passes at K.C.I.R. (R.I.P.) before dis-assembly.

Like too many other projects, it was taken apart, then set aside for another project that seemed more promising.

Years later we were able to decode the engine and trans. The engine we discovered to be #'s matching to the car. The trans decoded for a 1974 318 or 360 application. Someone had swapped on a '69 model year tail-shaft to make it work in the '69 Plymouth Road Runner.

Fender tag decoded as B3 Ice Blue, with the better H2B B7 Blue interior. Never found the Broadcast Sheet, someone had changed all the interior parts over to Black. I had thought for the longest time it was a B5 Blue car originally, given what paint was showing through the primer in places.

It went from being outside, to a garage, to a shop, to outside, to finally inside a garage for the last 10 years or so.

More story later................

Removing the bumper revealed the B3 Blue, along with gray primer, red primer, and something similar to B5 Blue on the car.
my 2nd 69 i bought was a B3 blue car with blue interior bought it back in 85

stu and stu2dfe.jpg

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
Whatever happened to it?

Didn't happen to be a 4-speed, manual brakes, power steering, with fender mounted turn signals?

Got another pic?

That gray primer and that sticker on the windshield is looking familiar. Mirror is different, someone added what looks to be Western Auto driver and passenger side mirrors to this Runner.

Also, someone painted the engine bay black on this one.

P.S. Spotted the Birdible headed north bound on the boulevard the other night. Too say it stands out in a crowd is an understatement.

P.S.S. www.hpacmopar.com winter dinner, Saturday at 4:00PM.

moparchris

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
I have a top secret photo taken last night
Here is moparhound on the right
Great! Now he is going to have to move again, since you just blew his cover in the witness protection program. :lol:

Back