• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! rear axle brake lines

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Hello fellas, I hope someone can help even though this is an A-Body question. I am in the process of swapping an 8.75 A Body rear in my '75 Scamp to replace the 7.25 rear. I just ordered my axles from doctor Diff, have a 3.55 carrier, and I will be using the current 10" drums backing plates from the 7.25 - they are big bolt pattern.
My question is...Which rear axle brake lines should I order?

I was told that this 8.75 housing I have was out of a '68 Dart. If this helps, it has 4 bendable tabs on the housing to secure the lines (do they all?), and the brass block is the "L" shaped one. However, for '68, "Fine Lines" catalog shows a different brass "T" that mounts on the housing, the "L" shape is for '72. H E L P!

A31PKG

Reaction score
What style is on the 7.25? If it's the T style, could you swap it onto the 8.75?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Harry,

All A-Body 83/4 housing got the bendable tabs on them.

Two are where it goes are the center section and one on each side of the housing if I remember as not been under mine for awhile.

Infact I think my B-body is the same just longer lines.

Never used the L shaped one I always used the T one.

Order up the lines for the 68 housing that you have.

moparchris

Reaction score
Also the offset on the axles are different from 7.25 to 8 3/4 IIRC. So your drums may not work and the backing plate may be different.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Also the offset on the axles are different from 7.25 to 8 3/4 IIRC. So your drums may not work and the backing plate may be different.

It is the SBP backing plates and drums that are not compatable - Harry stated that these are BBP. Should work...

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Yeah, I spoke with "doctor diff" aka Cass last week, who I purchased axles from, and he said the bbp backing plates on my 7.25 along with the 10" brakes will bolt right on the 8.75 housing.

BTW, Good Guy alert. Cass was really cool, and very informative - even when I called earlier before I told him I wanted to purchase axles from him. Nice guy who seems to really know his stuff when it comes to 8.75 rears.

Back