• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with part recommendations?

JJRJR

Reaction score
Guys, as my engine build comes closer to being finished, I wanted to get your opinions/suggestions on a few parts that I did not buy through the engine builder.

I plan on getting an aftermarket A/C unit, but not sure which or from where to get it. I assume that will determine what brackets are needed for the other belt run pumps, etc.?

That said:

1) Starter that works with TTI headers with X-Pipe Configuration
2) Alternator. Do I need a certain AMP, etc.?
3) Viscous Fan.
4) P/S Pump
5) P/S Gear Box
6) Motor mounts? Can I get heavy duty parts?
7) Windshield Washer pump
8) Windshield Washer motor
9) I want to put the purple beep-beep horn in, do I need a certain relay or electrical set up?

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Best,

John

mcmopar

Reaction score
A/C kit can be had from Classic Auto Air in Tampa but don't count on using a viscous fan drive with it. Mine had to go by the wayside (Ray got the fan) due to clearance issues.
Get motor mounts from Mancini Racing. They have the interlocking type that use a rubber biscuit with interlocking steel inside. Not as expensive as other brands and they won't break.
I got my PS pump and gearbox from Autozone. They have not leaked since I put them in back in 2003.
Check with Mancini for your mini starter.
Windshield washer pump and motor can be had from Year One.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might consider contacting Firm Feel or Steer and Gear for a power steering box. They offer upgraded units that will provide quicker steering and much greater feel for the road versus the factory "no feel for the road whatsoever" over-assisted factory units.

Steer and Gear specialize in MoPar boxes, just FYI. :yesnod:

I too can vouch for Classic Auto Air. Nice kits. :thumbsup:

Dante's Parts has windshield washer pump & hose kits for $90.00. $10 less than YO. Typical... Sorry, just not a YO fan...I prefer to be kissed when I'm getting screwed... :basketcase:

Numerous sources have just the pump for $30 if you that is all you want...Brewers, Dixie Restoration Parts... :cool:

Ray

mcmopar

Reaction score
I thought my ps setup would be the "arms full of novacaine" feel but surprisingly it feels really good. Steer and Gear rebuilt my pitman arm for me. New ones are outrageously expensive.

Back