• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Rocker Kit

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, we sent back the 1.6 ratio rockers and shaft mounts that we got from PRW I think it was called. Wanted to get a kit from Comp Cams but having trouble finding kit for 383. Using the Comp Cams XE275HL cam with the double springs recommended by Comp.

Any suggestions on what I should/can use? Does Comp make a kit for the BB Mopar?

Thanks gents,

John

JJRJR

Reaction score
1.6 Bob. Engine guy is calling Comp tomorrow. Thanks.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There are some guys on here with different combos that may help so stay tuned :popcorn:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I researched this topic extensively back in August. I solicited opinions here and from the F.A.S.T. guys on the LOH Playgound. The best bang for your buck are the Hughes rockers. This is what I went with. Very nice pieces, they are a MoPar ONLY engine shop, and the guys there could not be more helpful or nicer to deal with if they tried. The Harland Sharps seemed to be the next best option - again based on bang for the buck. I run Comp stuff in several of my cars so I'm no Comp Hater - just equal or better stuff is out there for less.

If money is no object then the T&D Machine rockers are the Neutron Bomb. Pricey, but they are what the Big Boys run. Ed Cook of A12 F.A.S.T. fame likens them to jewelry. Can't get a better endorsement than that...and if you don't know who he is then google him...his "stock appearing" RR A12 runs 10's on G70 15 Red Lines...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6173&hilit=rocker

JJRJR

Reaction score
Well, as it turns out, Comp Cam doesn't make a 1.6 set for my application. Going with Crane Cam Gold Race Pro Series PN 64791-1. Seems like good stuff for the price.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

JJRJR

Reaction score
Interesting. If the Hughes stuff is good quality, the price is great. Let me see if I can change the order.

Thanks again,

John

JJRJR

Reaction score
Quick update: Decided to go with the Hughes 1.6 ratio Rockers. Looked at a bunch and Hughes seemed to be right. ACME A12, thanks for all the advice. During my research, I found that Hughes doesn't annondize the parts; which I have heard is good? Not sure why, but. . .

Thanks to all you guys for your help on this and many other topics.

Best,

John.

Back