• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi, 440 front torsion bars.....

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Im gonna change the front torsion bars on my 69. Car came with and has a 383. I was looking at upgrade mine with the Hemi, 440 torsion bars. Would there be any issues? Just though it would beef it up and I may install a 69 440 I have in the car.

V.R.D

Reaction score
the bigger t-bars for hemi / 440 aren't much bigger if you need better handling then that is different. when you go drag racing you would use 6 cylinder t-bars for weight transfer.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I haven't ever bothered switching torsion bars going from a small block to big block, or from a big block to a Hemi and never had any issues. I just re-adust the torsion bar bolt as needed to raise the front end back up if needed.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Do you have a torsion bar on the differential. That is what I would do for handling. Or ad torque boxes to the frame.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any problems.
I guess you know to avoid longitude scratches.
The ones I got from Firm Feel were a tight fit in the LCAs even after I removed the coating from the hex.
Hope I never have to get them out.:)
Your replacements won't have a part number on the ends at the trans cross member
So, the people judging at OE Gold won't see a part number when they scoop out the grease and have look see.
Then again, they could just use a micrometer on the things.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Installing QA-1 upper and lower control arms.

Back