• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hemi cuda

Collin

Reaction score
i have a buddy with a 70 hemi cuda that use to dragrace locally here in CT. He gave methe vin to try to dig up some info on it. Is there really anything else that I canfind out from a vin besides just decoding it? I will have to tryto read the fender tag or build sheet cor more info, but just curious anyways. Car used to have drag racing paint and decals...decals were removed but paint remains. Being from a small track like CT dragway isthis car worth more restored to factory stock options or restored back to drag status or left completely alone. paint is showing its age with cracks etc, and car has headers and craf
gar wheels...but when it comes down to it its still a 1970 hemi cuda! whats your guys opinion on this? (i think the orig. hemi to the car blew up on track but was replaced with another date correct 426 how much value does this take away?...may or may not be the case ill have to check the facts on that)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
First is it real, second who raced it, if it was a big name or had a good following keep it a race car. :cents:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i think he could get top dollar if he brought it back to stock and did a total resto.....someone my have answers about the vin....i am not knowing :cents:

Collin

Reaction score
yes i decoded the vin and it is a real hemi cuda. vin starts BS23R0B.... which works out to barracuda, special (cuda) 2 door, 426 hemi 1970....its real alright! dana 60 with 4.10 gears, automatic, shaker hood with matched painted hood scoop.

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
I love old school dragcars so I'd love to see it restored to a drag car, would be cool if you had any pictures of it in it's hay days and could try to copy the paint skeem.

Collin

Reaction score
i found a picture of it in its hayday, i will try to track it down again and post it here.

Collin

Reaction score
the car is serious, went for a ride once car sits in a burn out and dosent move that hemi is raw power brought a huge smile to my face...that adrenaline makes me proud to be an owner of a 1969 road runner!!! all you rice burners can suck it!!!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
all you rice burners can suck it!!!

thats what i"m talking about :thumbsup:

That's a great statement but there is one problem. The people who need to see it aren't here to see it!!!! I know! Once you get your car running get a bumper sticker made with that on it and slap it on the back of your car! :devil: :pot:

Collin

Reaction score
No one will be able to keep up with me close enough to read the bumper sticker!!! :drive:

moparchris

Reaction score
Nice car looks like a good candidate for a stock resto. However if its still decent I would drive it around like it is. Very cool look into the way they were really enjoyed. :cents:

Back