• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED Hemi fiberglass cover for heat tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertop

Reaction score
Wanted impossible part, but who knows: I need to find an original fiberglass cover for the heat tube that goes to the choke in a 69 Hemi. All the reproduction are too thin than the original and do the job, but are incorrect for a resto that wants to be as good as possible. The price is going to be secondary for the right item.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are you talking about this Bakelite part? Both the cover and end? I'll do some digging and see where I got mine. Yeah not cheap!

no.jpg

robertop

Reaction score
No, I am talking about the white cover for the tube that goes into the choke assembly. You can see it in your photo.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It just hit me. I bet dollars to donuts the originals had some Asbestos in them. If so good luck with that one.

robertop

Reaction score
If one buys the Hemi engine under hood wiring repro from M & H, the wires that go to the starter have a similar covering so I believe a repro can be made, but nobody has bothered so far. Oh well... THANK

robertop

Reaction score
Oh yes, he has the same thin cover everybody else has.

robertop

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back