• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is one leaf spring painted

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Like I said the darn spring was all rusted in between the leaves and the paint was coming off the out side with rust showing. So now all painted just the one waiting on the inner plates from Classic. Got part of my cheap gas tank bed lined will do the other half tomorrow. The out side looked like some kind of cheap paint. It was suppose to be nitrate coated. But the scotch red pad did scratch the out side. It should last a while this way. IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0104.JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You know some guy's do not clear coat the spring's they where not done that way from the factory. But as you guy's know I am going the extra mile and building the car my way. :beep:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
No I have not. I used the Rust Oleum rust revert. Then let it dry for 24 hours then epoxy it. It has worked so far and will do the rest of the project that way. Thanks for the info. Russ.

dmartin

Reaction score
I used it on the floor pans inside and out and frame rails and leaf springs

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I liked the idea D. But our buddy Big Block had it let go on the car he is working on. I have used after cleaning and treating rust with vinegar and water treatment. Then cleaned with fresh water. Wipe it down and dry completely. Then applied the Rust Reformer form Rust Oleum. It come's in a spray can. Let it dry for 24 hour's then put my epoxy on. Then applied what ever other paint or clear coat I wanted on. So far so good. I did get East Woods Rust reforming in a gallon jug. after cleaning all frame rail's and inner structure sprayed that stuff in every thing let dray a few day's then epoxy painted every thing. I have done all I could to prevent the rust monster from coming back. That is what take's so darn long on this car to get where I am at now. By buying The East Wood bed liner gun with extensions one has a straight nozzle and the other has 360 degree fan and straight spray out the end could get into places not able to reach any other way. Like frame rails-rocker's- and interior framing. This car should last another 50 years or so. I hope. Russ

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Can't wait till you fire it up put her in first and it goes backwards and when you turn the wheel it goes the wrong way :steering::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Can't wait till you fire it up put her in first and it goes backwards and when you turn the wheel it goes the wrong way :steering::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Had boat I bought that way the steering wheel turned left to go right and vice versa. Someone had put the gear in wrong. As far as the car goes I refuse to give you a comment I might incriminate my self. :lol:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I am waiting on that slow boat from Ca. for the spring liners so I can get this one off the bench and start the other one. :lol:

Back