• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is what i found when pulling old floor pan

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
IMG_0107.jpgIMG_0103.jpg When pulling parts of old floor pan left behind this is what I found. this piece was tougher to get off that the other pieces. Have any of you seen this on the rocker by the back foot well area. Thought the rocker was one solid piece but not in this case. Cleaned it up and put in new piece only thing I knew to do. Russ. :lol:

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Ranger

Reaction score
Kind of looks like someone welded in a piece. Maybe an earlier rust repair?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think he almost cut the frame in half trying to get the old stuff off :lol:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Floor pan removeal

I can tell you guys it looks like it was done on both rockers. Of course I only opened the one by mistake trying to remove old floor pan pieces that where left when new pan's where put in. Why do they leave part of old floor pan attached to the rocker and weld new one's to them. This is so stupid it makes twice as much work for the next guy who want's a good restore job. It also throw's off the new floor pan it wont fit well even at the fire wall area. With all that junk cleaned off it sure look's better and was easer to clean and prep all the metal before installing the floor pan. After rust proofing every thing now going to epoxying it also yea over kill but it makes me feel better about the restore job. :wave:

Back