• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's what I'm doing instead of Carlisle.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Here you go Gary. While this video isn't of this show, it is one of a module that is here, and is owned by a fellow club member. It is based on an actual Great Nothern terminal that once exsisted. In the other videos look for the Northeast N-trak, or Winterfest n-trak, and you will get a very good idea of what we are doing this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yygb4_ah ... re=related
I'll have to watch it tomorrow. I'm at my cabin and the connection is slower than dial up..........thanks for posting it..... :cheers:

CWR

Reaction score
My grandfather was a CPR (Canadian Pacific Railroad) engineer on steam engines. One of my life's hilites was going on his run with him in the cab. I got to blow the whistle. I have a 1950 Lionel 3 track set which i.m going to get going!!!!!

John69RR

Reaction score
When I was younger my dad had a train set-up in the basement. They were the big Lionel and I think American Flyer. Correct me if I'm wrong. Always enjoyed them. I've taken my daughter a few times to the houston show. Sure brings back memories. Thanks for the pics.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
John69RR said:
When I was younger my dad had a train set-up in the basement. They were the big Lionel and I think American Flyer. Correct me if I'm wrong. Always enjoyed them. I've taken my daughter a few times to the houston show. Sure brings back memories. Thanks for the pics.
It could have been either John. Three rail track is Lionel. The American Flyer is 2 rail and slightly smaller in size.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Salt City N-Trak would have to be from here in Syracuse!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Here you go Gary. While this video isn't of this show, it is one of a module that is here, and is owned by a fellow club member. It is based on an actual Great Nothern terminal that once exsisted. In the other videos look for the Northeast N-trak, or Winterfest n-trak, and you will get a very good idea of what we are doing this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yygb4_ah ... re=related
That is awesome......I am amazed at the detail....... :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
CWR said:
My grandfather was a CPR (Canadian Pacific Railroad) engineer on steam engines. One of my life's hilites was going on his run with him in the cab. I got to blow the whistle. I have a 1950 Lionel 3 track set which i.m going to get going!!!!!

now you're talk'n! get some plywood and get those Lionels out. I have a blast with mine.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My step-dad has a big layout in his garage...and I have always found all aspects of the model Railroading hobby very interesting...but I can't keep up with the hobbies I already have so I'm not going to kid myself about jumping into this one too... Hell, it's been so long since I had my XR400 dirt bike out that the carb is all gummed up...

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
My step-dad has a big layout in his garage...and I have always found all aspects of the model Railroading hobby very interesting...but I can't keep up with the hobbies I already have so I'm not going to kid myself about jumping into this one too... Hell, it's been so long since I had my XR400 dirt bike out that the carb is all gummed up...

ACME
I got away from dirt bikes years ago, I was going to hurt myself :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

ACME

Yeah, I know that story too...the banzai pilot instincts are still there and impossible to ignore but when something goes wrong ...well, it takes a lot longer to heal up...

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":3ha7dxwc]My step-dad has a big layout in his garage...and I have always found all aspects of the model Railroading hobby very interesting...but I can't keep up with the hobbies I already have so I'm not going to kid myself about jumping into this one too... Hell, it's been so long since I had my XR400 dirt bike out that the carb is all gummed up...

ACME

Yeah, I know that story too...the banzai pilot instincts are still there and impossible to ignore but when something goes wrong ...well, it takes a lot longer to heal up...

:jester:[/quote:3ha7dxwc]
Been there done that.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I never fell off a car.

Well... except one time.... and that wasn't my fault, I was drunk.

Back