• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi from NSW Australia

hotcob

Reaction score
Hi, just recently joined the site and haven't posted anything till now but have been reading a lot of posts and there's great info in there.
I imported my 69 Roadrunner post car from LA in the early 80's along with a few other cars. Things changed and the car has been sitting in a shed on a farm for about 10years and then I brought it home about 10years ago and it's been taking up room in my garage since. A slow mover, not really, I've been mucking around with my Shelby Cobra replica so can't do everything but now is the time.
The car is pretty straight, just a few minor dings. Very little rust, minor rust in bottom of doors, a little in the drivers sill panel and the boot floor is the worst but still not too bad.
It's not a numbers matching car. Obviously the hoon that had it in the states was a bit of a ratbag, probably like me when I was that age (I can still just remember) so the engine was changed and the 4 speed is now a reprogrammed auto. The engine is a 383 from the same vintage as the car.
Vin is RM21 H9E XXXXXX
Car is R4 - I think it's Barracuda Orange
So it's nearly all apart now and I'm just looking to see what sheet metal I need to get from your neck of the woods and then we'll start on the body repairs. The parts don't seem too badly priced but the shipping to Australia is bloody expensive so have to be careful how I order bits.
Anyway, looking forward to getting some great information from you fellas and maybe passing on some as well.
hotcob

69B5

Reaction score
Welcome from Western New York
My wifes first cousin lives in Australia and we'd like to visit one day
Do you watch "Classic Resto" with Mark Fletcher?
If so, he closed his 2011 show from Carlisle, Pa. with my red 70 coronet r/t convertible as his back drop
Glad to have you on board.

hotcob

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Welcome from New York. :cheers:
Any pictures prior to disassembly you can post?
Thanks for the nice welcome. Haven't got any complete photos that I can find. I just started pulling it apart and never worried but am taking plenty of photos now

RR in garage 1.JPG

RR in garage 3.JPG

RR in garage 4.JPG

hotcob

Reaction score
69B5 said:
Welcome from Western New York
My wifes first cousin lives in Australia and we'd like to visit one day
Do you watch "Classic Resto" with Mark Fletcher?
If so, he closed his 2011 show from Carlisle, Pa. with my red 70 coronet r/t convertible as his back drop
Glad to have you on board.
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I haven't seen "Classic Resto". We get a few shows here but I haven't come across that one.
Not a good time to visit here with your dollar on parity with ours but it makes it a bit better for me when buying bits from the states. Whenever any of you are down this way always welcome to pop in.

Back