• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High priced vert on ebay makes me feel good!

chapdog105

Reaction score
There is a 69 RR vert on Ebay right now that is over $40k with 4 days left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/383-AIR- ... 106wt_1006

It's a great looking vert, and I can only hope mine will end up just as nice when finished.
With all the money I've dumped into mine over the last few years, it's very reassuring to see a restored convertible pull in some good money.

There's no way I ever sell mine though! :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
After watching some of the auction action I would say the muscle car values have recovered some :yesnod:

drmopar

Reaction score
I bid $36K on a long shot. I am sure he is in the low $50's. Nice ride.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
There has been a teal colored 383 4-speed droptop that's been offered at least 4 times in the past year. It looks every bit as good as this car but it just hasn't reached it's reserved. IIRC it's bit up to just over 40k and without selling. So I have to wonder if that reserve is too high or could there be something wrong with the car that you can't see from the pics? If I had that kind of money I would go after it, but one still has to wonder why it isn't selling.

69B5

Reaction score
Chapdog
I think your vert will be just as nice , probably better,
You have put your heart into your restoration and it shows
I'm with you and I would find it hard to sell either of mine
Good luck with the final stages of your project

chapdog105

Reaction score
69B5 said:
Chapdog
I think your vert will be just as nice , probably better,
You have put your heart into your restoration and it shows
I'm with you and I would find it hard to sell either of mine
Good luck with the final stages of your project

By heart he must mean wallet! :lol:

Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to get it back home. Should be very soon...

chapdog105

Reaction score
It's at $50,000 with an hour left...and the reserve still isn't met.

I wonder what it's set at? I would think $50,000-$55,000 would be about right.

drmopar

Reaction score
Guy wants $55K. I asked.

I have a running interest in Road Runner ragtops as I have one and have owned 6 throughout the years. That Q5 car mentioned is NOWHERE near as nice as the red one on ebay. The red car is worth $50K all day long. Nice color, 4 speed, console, rotisserie resto. The Q5 car has 1980's patchpanels and is a wave machine. I think that car is worth in the mid to upper $30Ks at best. I could not live with the poor paint and patch panels.

My :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
At the local mopar show I was talking to a gentleman with a 69 Hemi vert 1 of 10 its almost finished. Its done in Y4 Spanish gold, #s match, I don't remember how the rest of it's equipped, this guy has some nice cars I can't wait to see it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
drmopar said:
Guy wants $55K. I asked.

I have a running interest in Road Runner ragtops as I have one and have owned 6 throughout the years. That Q5 car mentioned is NOWHERE near as nice as the red one on ebay. The red car is worth $50K all day long. Nice color, 4 speed, console, rotisserie resto. The Q5 car has 1980's patchpanels and is a wave machine. I think that car is worth in the mid to upper $30Ks at best. I could not live with the poor paint and patch panels.

My :cents:
The Q5 car I was talking about is on Long Island, is that the one you are talking about? If it is I didn't notice the body problems that you mentioned but that's the problem with the way pictures are taken, or not taken. They find ways to hide the bad stuff.

drmopar

Reaction score
Hemi road runner vert!!!! :beep: :beep:

My dream car. I have seen two of the 10 made in person.

F5/black guts buckets column auto owned at the time by Harold Sullivan

the other....

F8/ tan guts, nearly like my car. Buckets console 4 speed. Used to be owned by Joe Stantella.

Y4 Gold car I have not heard of. We need pics when you see it!

Back