• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Stripe Paint

chapdog105

Reaction score
Anyone know the best kind of paint to use for the hood stripes?
I like that flat black look. I know my R4 is going to be painted using PPG single-stage acrylic enamel.
Anyone had luck with PPG with the stripes?

Jim S.

Reaction score
Now we never fight here, Bob :grouphug:

Well here is what I ended up doing after numerous experiments (off the car) with DDL9355 Organosol paint from Roger Gibson which I didn't like.

4 parts DCC9355 PPG Concept single stage urethane
2 to 3 parts DT reducer (so it flows out nice)
1 part DCX61 hardener
1 part DX685 flattening agent
1/4 to 1/2 oz. per pint DX1999 texture (experiment on test panels until you like it)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1753

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ok I will kick it off, glossy or flat :pot: Personally I would go with your flat idea and Jim's elixir, looking at his pics from the past it looks good!

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ok I will kick it off, glossy or flat :pot: Personally I would go with your flat idea and Jim's elixir, looking at his pics from the past it looks good!
I know flat is correct and if your going concourse or correct its great , but after having the flat and getting wax or dirt or anything on it , I LOVE MINE GLOSSEY NOW !!!!!

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
I LOVE MINE!!!!!

Well then, that would explain why you're trying so hard to sell it!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:jester:
I must not be trying to hard, seeing as its still sittin in my garage and has been for 26 years :jester: :jester: :jester: but the money sure , would help restore some of my other projects

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
I LOVE MINE!!!!!

Well then, that would explain why you're trying so hard to sell it!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I must not be trying to hard, seeing as its still sittin in my garage and has been for 26 years :jester: :jester: :jester: but the money sure , would help restore some of my other projects

Selling that '70 to a good home in Florida would help out too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
quote="moparstuart"]
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
I LOVE MINE!!!!!

I must not be trying to hard, seeing as its still sittin in my garage and has been for 26 years :jester: :jester: :jester: but the money sure , would help restore some of my other projects[/quote]

Selling that '70 to a good home in Florida would help out too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:jester:[/quote]
your preaching to the choir broken record you know i Love my 70's the best

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2937g7d3]Shiny stripes are for SISSYS!!!!!!!!!!!
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
Probably also explains the giant sissy bar on the back of his green car... :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:2937g7d3]
Sissy bar :lol:

chapdog105

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going with a satin/flat style flat black for the stripes.
I'll be posting some sweet pictures soon. The car is all put back together and ready for primer...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
Looks like I'm going with a satin/flat style flat black for the stripes.
I'll be posting some sweet pictures soon. The car is all put back together and ready for primer...
That guy is fast :thumbsup:

Back