• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Stripe - Should I or Shouldn't I?

A12

Reaction score
Anyone aware of the stripes in a decal form? I'm guessing if available, it would be very difficult to get smooth around the hood louvers. Just thinking out loud.

That's a GREAT idea!! With the "wraps" they do now that should be a no brainer for someone like http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Challenger/71_RT_Hood_Blackout.htm to do a set. All of our race team semis and sprinters and box vans are wrapped and over rivets, body lines, etc., with NO problem when done by pros. Look at the E-body "billboards" and hood graphics. I wonder why someone hasn't offered them by now for the '68 and '69 road runners??

Ranger

Reaction score
not that I've ever heard of, always painted.

That's what I thought. The reason I asked was because when I stopped by a body shop to get an estimate, he suggested it, so I thought maybe he knew something I didn't.

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
the performance increases from the performance hood stripes

Hood stripes will take 0.25 seconds off of your E.T and give you at least 25% more H.P without affecting your mileage at all.

The "cool-factor" ratio will go up 200% also.

It's your car...Do it any way you want.

Back