• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn Painting or how to save $20

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Is that a new decal or did you just mask it off?

:huh:
Ray
I used paint remover sandpaper and the totally auto kit that comes with a sticker. its a few bucks more than the testors paint and buying a sticker, but I had good luck with the engine paint I got from them. It was pricey but the hemi orange for 69 was dead on!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Here I'll post one for you basketcase :lmao:

Thanks Bob, I knew I could count on you! :lmao:
maybe Santa will bring me a new camera phone, but I'm expecting a stocking full of coal.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:
Here I'll post one for you basketcase :lmao:

Thanks Bob, I knew I could count on you! :lmao:
maybe Santa will bring me a new camera phone, but I'm expecting a stocking full of coal.
Anything I can do to help Dave :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I now have a purty purple meep meep horn!
Thanks to Big for posting the paint tip, and thanks to Steve (Roadcuda) for finding the paint!
Thanks Guys. Now, if it wasn't 7 friggin degrees, I'd put it back on the car!
(and to all the............picture hounds...If I could find the $@$%$#@#$!!!! install disc for the scanner, :brickwall: I'd post a pic, and the Wife's camera phone died too)
Glad to help Dave. Post the pics when you can!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
so is the testers paint out there still ???

I found some at a hobby shop in SoCal just a few months ago...

Chris - you might know: it was a HUGE hobby store near Knott's Berry Farm IIRC...you probably have seen the place even if you haven't stopped in. I just can't come up with the name off of the top of my head...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
been about 12 years since I've been out that way. Knotts was one of our favorite spots. a lot less crowed than Disney.But IIRC, it isn't family owned anymor, and that usually isn't good. I wish I had spotted the Hobby Shop. probably never woulda went any farther though...

moparchris

Reaction score
Hobby City. I used to buy all my models there when I was a kid. They had all the cool models, including the JoHan Superbird. :banana:

Back