• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

horn wiring pictures

dodgey68

Reaction score
good afternoon rr owners, can some one please take some pics of the horn wired up and as there connected with relay, and or colours of wires, as last owner cut out the horn wires loom dunno why , there is a snub of black and a brown wire hanging out , ive been looking on net, not a lotta success,, a few pictures will be easier to replicate , thank you

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Same for mine not hooked up. Where does the man wire(s) go get power to the horn? Pic?

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Just got mine working, the black hooks up to one connector on the relay and the violet with two green wires hook up to the other. like 69's pic. The second green just hangs loose because I believe satallites and GTX's use the same wiring but have two "Sparten" horns. I also have a brown wire with connector that I have no idea what it hooks up to! Just hanging loose.
If your wire loom is cut, sounds like you'll have to follow the "wiring diagram" to the source of where it was cut and go from there.?
I would send a pic but not smart enough yet.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Wow! a colored coded wiring diagram? my eyes go blurry tracing mine in black and white.
My horn relay hooks up to a black w/white stripe wire for ground (diagram shows black no stripe) violet for power and dark green to the horn on the same T connector.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Ok this is my wiring. It's a purple wire and a black/white strip wire. Does this go over to the left around the battery and to a block on the firewall? My eyes not good enough to read the diagram.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Black With white tracer goes to the single connector on the horn relay
The purple to the middle of the horn relay
Then you could get away with one green horn wire from the last connector on the relay
See the picture on post #2

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Black With white tracer goes to the single connector on the horn relay
The purple to the middle of the horn relay
Then you could get away with one green horn wire from the last connector on the relay
See the picture on post #2

Thanks Hemi

Russ Hood

Reaction score
So I took this pic of a 69 coronet and it appears to go to the alternator.

IMG_20210403_171402469.jpg

Carl Ray

Reaction score
Purple wire connects to Bat terminal on Alternator where it gets power at all times. Black w/tracer goes thru bulkhead to horn button, green wire to horn.

Back