• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn.......

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Ok, anybody got pics of horn placement. Mine is located very low and I think it should be mounted high but I don't see the proper holes up high.........

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Not to nitpick Steve's car, that is the right location but that's a later model horn. The 69 has a longer bracket.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
Not to nitpick Steve's car, that is the right location but that's a later model horn. The 69 has a longer bracket.
John. We got into a discussion somewhere about this and came to no conclusion. It was left that the 26" radiator had a long stem and the 22" short, now this was a small group. Do you have some good info that we need to know about, like I said it was a small group :popcorn:

V269

Reaction score
I have the 22" rad with the short bracket too. Mine is original to the car. :yesnod:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Well... I've owned a 22" rad car with the long bracket and a 26" rad car with the long bracket.

The superseded horn that you can buy from Mopar had the small bracket. I assume that was so it fit the Volare RR, just like the superseded Roadrunner script and the decal does.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
I keep finding out weird things about this car. If this horn is original to the car, it more then likely was born with a 22" radiator and was changed to the 26". I do know this radiator is out of a 67 C body.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check mine out tonight and see what's going on. I know my horn relay is for dual horns. Not sure what that's off of. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
Just for the record. Mine is original and its long :lol: :lol:
Please post a picture.............of the HORN........... :lol: I'm not sure what a long one looks like.......... :lol:
OK. Do you want to try it :lol:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I was following along thinking I will need a horn relay soon. Then the big horn showed up. Thanks for the chuckle!

Oh, 22 "radiator, long bracket non sparton repop here. Hope is sounds somewhat remotely correct.

Back