• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hose Clamps

TOMRR

Reaction score
HPIM4621.jpg

I change my hose clamps from the current band type to the wire type. So far so good but don't seem to have the confidence that I had with the band style clamps. Just wondering does any one use a sealant of any kind such as Shellac or some thing else To insure a good seal !!

Thanks Tom C.

TOMRR

Reaction score
If the hoses are soft the clamps work fine don't add anything
The hose is new and soft so should be ok !! I did not use old hose with wire camps because of the impression that the band type clamps made !

Thanks For The Reply Tom C.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I'm not sure what orientation the factory put those clamps on, but I would move the top hose clamp. I had that style clamp on one of my cars and "clocked" in that fashion, I opened up the palm of my hand reaching across it.

I got sick of the wire clamps and went back to the worm clamps after a while.....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm not sure what orientation the factory put those clamps on, but I would move the top hose clamp. I had that style clamp on one of my cars and "clocked" in that fashion, I opened up the palm of my hand reaching across it.

I got sick of the wire clamps and went back to the worm clamps after a while.....

Accident pron people should not work on cars :yesnod: How is your toe :lol:

Back