• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot Rod Magazine sucks

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Car Craft gave a '69 Dart away. MCG did a story a while back when the car was found....in the late '80s?

jays69bird

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Didn't Car Craft give away a Duster they built back in the 80s ,or was that something i dreamed up after eating a bad bowl of Chilli ? :huh:
Okay guys cut the failing memory some slack,before I take my Geritol and head to bed at 8:30 I googled Car craft it was a dodge swinger given away at 1985 nationals,I do remember all the Chrysler guys back in the day writing in saying enough already with the Chevies,so they felt guilty I think and did the Dodge project

mcmopar

Reaction score
If memory serves me I seem to recall Car Craft prepping a '69 Dart Swinger 340 for the Winternationals back in '69 and then giving the car away. It had a wild paint job and was won by a young lady. It made it to either the semi's or the final for its class. I still have the mag here somewhere. If I can find it one day I'll scan the article and post it.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember the late eighties Dart give away it was a 340 car, Thier gimmick was to start with some parts and keep trading up until they got something nice, can work in real life, but being a magazine gave them an advantage there and I think they fixed it up and gave it away.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
If memory serves me I seem to recall Car Craft prepping a '69 Dart Swinger 340 for the Winternationals back in '69 and then giving the car away. It had a wild paint job and was won by a young lady. It made it to either the semi's or the final for its class. I still have the mag here somewhere. If I can find it one day I'll scan the article and post it.

that's the one I remember

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
I remember the late eighties Dart give away it was a 340 car, Thier gimmick was to start with some parts and keep trading up until they got something nice, can work in real life, but being a magazine gave them an advantage there and I think they fixed it up and gave it away.

Now that rings a bell...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="ACME A12":2dzc9ft6]Bob & I have been trying to maintain the peace and keep it orderly around here, but you know how everyone else is... :lol:

:jester:
Yes, I know how those other guys are........... :lol:[/quote:2dzc9ft6]

:banana: :jester: :banana:

Back