• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How difficult is it to convert a non air grabber hood to air grabber

Beeeep69

Reaction score
First post!!!!
I have a hood that has all the air grabber components under. Is it possible to turn a satellite or non air grabber RR hood into an air grabber? If so is it difficult? The hood i have is very badly rusted up by the hood latch. Any advice??? Thanks!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Completely different hood can't do it. You can do a non airgrabber Road runner hood but not a Satellite

Beeeep69

Reaction score
Thanks for responding, is it pretty easy to do the change with a non air grabber if i had a RR hood?

droptop

Reaction score
Thanks for responding, is it pretty easy to do the change with a non air grabber if i had a RR hood?

Yes, all bolt in on a 69 Road Runner hood. If you have a 68 hood, you will have to cut out the openings because they are solid.

Ranger

Reaction score
Good thing you have all the components. I considered converting mine until I saw the price.

A12

Reaction score
Yes, all bolt in on a 69 Road Runner hood. If you have a 68 hood, you will have to cut out the openings because they are solid.

There are some very late '68 model year road runner (GTX) hoods with the underside cut out for the '69 air grabber so don't overlook checking out a '68 hood if you find one.........DAMHIK

Back