• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how does your driver ride on the road?

metalstorm

Reaction score
what do you think of your cars ride above 35 or 65+mph?
what kind of suspension parts?[torsion/sway bars,shocks,tire/pressure.]

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
metalstorm said:
rides like a lincoln....superstock springs/440 torsion bars/comp engineering shocks rear/split drag comp shocks fron/drag radials 30lbs air :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
metalstorm said:
rides like a lincoln....superstock springs/440 torsion bars/comp engineering shocks rear/split drag comp shocks fron/drag radials 30lbs air :D
Yep until he hits the gas then its a very fast Lincoln. Mine is all stock hemi suspension bias ply ties at 30 psi and rides like a lincoln also

metalstorm

Reaction score
like a lincoln huh?that could be smooth yes but on the highway like an barg floating all ove the place.i had a 74 new yorker with a 440 in it and man was that a boat.lol.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Like a modern performance car. Up front poly graphite bushings,1.030" torsion bars, firm feel stage two steering box. Out back, super stock springs, adjustable shocks.Spring leafs are clamped. Frame connectors as well. Car has a stiff ride but is tight to the road. Handles great.

metalstorm

Reaction score
i thaught my .990 t bars were big.i just have the rubber in the controle arms and ss 3800# in back with rubber bushings also,rancho 9000 shocks in back and ce 3 way front.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Suspension is 100% stock & 90% original.... drives staight & smooth. Love it.

metalstorm

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Like a modern performance car. Up front poly graphite bushings,1.030" torsion bars, firm feel stage two steering box. Out back, super stock springs, adjustable shocks.Spring leafs are clamped. Frame connectors as well. Car has a stiff ride but is tight to the road. Handles great.
what is the spring rate on the 1.030 t bars?who made the bars?
i have some thicker bars but i think thay are rated at 250# inch.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
metalstorm said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
what is the spring rate on the 1.030 t bars?who made the bars?
i have some thicker bars but i think thay are rated at 250# inch.
I don't remember the spring rate .I bought the bars from PST.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mlne depends on the road. good road rides better naturally. most of the time it rides stiff since we added some missing leaves. didn't want to use air shocks for the big tires so we used an extra full leave on each side.pretty much like a 40+ year old musclecar...but hasn't kept me from driving it.

V269

Reaction score
P235 70 R 15 and P225 70 R 15 tires, gas shocks and all new hemi/RT suspension out back = very smooth and comfortable ride. Steers very well too. :thumbsup: :banana:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah it only had 4 leaves iiRC on each side. a buddy had done the same thing to his '70 Coronet and I really liked the stance. A little stiff. but it's OK for who it's for...

440Kilmartin

Reaction score
A little rough over bumps with 90/10 shocks up front. But the bench seat springs help adsorb it. No sway bars front or rear don't Go around corners fast especially with 15lbs of air in the rear tires.

Back