• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many 68 Yellow RR made ????

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Those stat's where lost a long time ago Sammy. After the dealer ship's all closed. No one keep record's even with the plant's closer's. Their is a register going on now that people can put their car in. This may help on the color count out their now.

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
I probably spent ten years doing random searches in attempts to (1) locate my original 69 Road Runner (purchased in November 1968 and sold in mid 71). Was not able to get any information and also could never get any reliable information on number of colors. My original Road Runner was Ivy Green. The one I now have is also Ivy Green. Both my original and this one started life in San Diego. My current Road Runner went all over the place before finally returning to California. I have always suspected that more than likely my original Road Runner may have ended up in a junk yard somewhere along its life. I'd like to believe it was saved, just like the one I have now, which probably should have gone to the junk yard years ago.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes but you saved it form the crusher. I like to bring junk back to life. Old rusted out thing's make me want to save them and see them work again. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sammy when your driving your's just think Russ is still working on his so I will take one more turn around the block for Russ. :thumbsup2:

Roadtrip

Reaction score
2138 yellow ones were made in 1968.

just bs’n . No one really know at all.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Take all the colour offerings available in 68, eliminate the really obscure choices that no one would pick, then divide the total number of runners for the year by the number of remaining colours to get close. Which, still won’t be all that accurate as some colours were very prevalent like the ‘greens’. I would think sunfire yellow would also be more on the common or ‘popular’ side of things and may have higher numbers, along with green’s, and red.

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
Take all the colour offerings available in 68, eliminate the really obscure choices that no one would pick, then divide the total number of runners for the year by the number of remaining colours to get close. Which, still won’t be all that accurate as some colours were very prevalent like the ‘greens’. I would think sunfire yellow would also be more on the common or ‘popular’ side of things and may have higher numbers, along with green’s, and red.
Thanks Again....That is truly Food for thought..Thanks

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This is one for the age's. It is like asking how many joint's where smoked at wood stock. Also what kind of weed was smoked and how much. Some thing's we will never know. But inquiring minds do have to ask. Put some old time rock in roll on and take it for a spin and thank your lucky star's you have a Yellow Runner. :fool:

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
This is one for the age's. It is like asking how many joint's where smoked at wood stock. Also what kind of weed was smoked and how much. Some thing's we will never know. But inquiring minds do have to ask. Put some old time rock in roll on and take it for a spin and thank your lucky star's you have a Yellow Runner. :fool:
That's exactly what I am going to have to do..lol

Sam wise

Reaction score
Anyone know what the production #s are for total yellow 68 RR and ,then how many were made in yellow Hemi's ???? Thanks Sammy
I just got a yellow post rr out of the woods I’m trying to figure out all that stuff myself I know it’s a LA car auto 383 with a Tach had a black top grey and black interior ... 6247 off the line .. if find out anything let me know thanks Sam

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The fender tag should give you quite a bit of info. The build sheet should give you the rest. That is if you have it. How dose the car look as far as the rust factor. Are you going to sand blast it. See that they have a water type blaster now not as invasive as the sand.

Sam wise

Reaction score
The fender tag should give you quite a bit of info. The build sheet should give you the rest. That is if you have it. How dose the car look as far as the rust factor. Are you going to sand blast it. See that they have a water type blaster now not as invasive as the sand.
I am trying decode it right now if I’m reading it right the build code on it is 914 so September 14 1967 ?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a wonder for sure. Posable it was built in 67 then sold as a 68. May be some of the other guy's have a clue to this question. You know it is the plant production line to make these car's then put them out to the dealer's. I have a F350 it was built in 99 but sold to me as a 2010. So that might answer the question.

Back