• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many 69 RR convertible 4 speeds left?

RonLiv

Reaction score
2 Door Conv.383
4 Spd
Auto

4 Spd
Auto

torredcuda

Reaction score
If you figure around 2000 made even if only 10% survived that would be around 200 left but my guess would be more than that - maybe 3-400?

RonLiv

Reaction score
If you figure around 2000 made even if only 10% survived that would be around 200 left but my guess would be more than that - maybe 3-400?
That's probably a fair estimate.

I've been down this road trying to get a good number a few years back, also attempting to find my old car. But there is no National vehicle registration data base, each State has their own. Some States would provide the data for a fee, but most would not in order to protect the privacy of ownership. PA for example told me "No". I was able to find the PA history of ownership of my old one I had when I was 17YO. But I went through a car dealer who I know who has access to the information as they are required to verify ownership when taking a car on trade, but I had the VIN otherwise he would not have been able to get blanket RM27 registration data. Last known ownership registration in PA was in the 80's, the guy is now deceased. I spoke with his son who told me when the father passed away the car was in a vacant city owned lot with a blown motor. He called it "the race car". He also said his father had a "454" he was going to drop in. I didn't say anything, just nodded my head. Since he had no money to tow the car or place to keep it, the city towed it to the impound lot. In the early 2000's the city privatized this lot, and the new ownership confirmed the car was not there. They did not know if it ever was, they don't keep records.

Back