• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many colors is your bird?

MoparDan

Reaction score
OK so I started sanding my 70 RR and I have found it was originally F8 Ivey Green. Then primer, then B5 Blue, then primer, then F8 again. Then there was assorted house paint. What have you found while restoring your bird? Note I guess if you write 426 Hemi on the hood it doesn't matter what's under it. Looks factory to me:lol:

Roadrunner 002.JPG

Roadrunner 007.JPG

Last edited:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine had one repaint. B5 both times. But it was mostly covered in primer when I bought it in 2008.

markontario

Reaction score
when I bought my 69 in 1985 it was orange. I had it painted black. When I did a full restoration in 2000 I discovered some green also. So it went blue, green, orange, black...back to B5

rose heiden

Rosebud
Reaction score
mine roadrunner (I'm a female) vin # says it's F8 Ivy Green. Took it to a place that does photo shoots and then tells you what color it really is. It's painted autumn green by the previous owner. Don't know why he couldn't get F8 on it. But I love it and get alot of compliments. In future I'd like to paint it F8 and keep white stripes on the hood. a matter of note is I do change the paint inside of my house, not my hair and not cars. Cost too much. I think that is a guy thing!!! LOL!!!!

V.R.D

Reaction score
mine roadrunner (I'm a female) vin # says it's F8 Ivy Green. Took it to a place that does photo shoots and then tells you what color it really is. It's painted autumn green by the previous owner. Don't know why he couldn't get F8 on it. But I love it and get alot of compliments. In future I'd like to paint it F8 and keep white stripes on the hood. a matter of note is I do change the paint inside of my house, not my hair and not cars. Cost too much. I think that is a guy thing!!! LOL!!!!
so where you in Florida ? there is a 3 of us in and around the Orlando area

ricks_RR

Reaction score
yes it is a guy thing . now everything cost to much so i'm not painting anything

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
My Roached Runner is a TX9 factory Black car, somewhat still black and brown (Rust).

20210530_123505.jpg

20210530_123448.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You Go Girl. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This car from what I can tell without the fender tag was original Red. All the bolts and washers had Red behind them. Did see a yellow tint primer and know that was used back in the day or a red led primer. Don't know what Chrysler used back in the day but have seen the yellow primer on other cars. Got tired of all the rust and Red faded paint and decided on B5 blue and went with a little royal blue mini flake in a color blender over that to give the car some pop. LOL. All grate looking runners posted here and a grate group of people. Girls included did not say Guy's. :lol:

rose heiden

Rosebud
Reaction score
so where you in Florida ? there is a 3 of us in and around the Orlando area
Did i reply to u? If not we live in the panhandle. Fort Walton beach to be exact. Haven't seen another runner or GTX in this area.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Started life B7 - Rattle canned Black - then B5. I tried to bring her back to B7 at least that is what the can of paint said on the label. Didn't quite turn out that way. So I call it B9.car show 2.jpg

Back