• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many Headliner Bows??

Goon

Reaction score
I'm sure plenty of you know this one. How many headliner bows are supposed to be in a 69 RR Post. Slowly putting car back together, and trying to find all the parts after sitting in pieces for almost 13yrs. Is installing a headliner difficult? What about doing seat covers and foam??? Mice loved my interior during that time.

A12

Reaction score
I'm sure plenty of you know this one. How many headliner bows are supposed to be in a 69 RR Post. Slowly putting car back together, and trying to find all the parts after sitting in pieces for almost 13yrs. Is installing a headliner difficult? What about doing seat covers and foam??? Mice loved my interior during that time.

Okay I'll guess six (6) just to kickstart this question..... http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/b-body-road-runner/parts/mp19002.html I don't think there is a difference in the number of bows between a coupe/post and a hardtop...

MikeR

droptop

Reaction score
If you have never put in a headliner, or installed seat covers, I would at least have someone that have done these tasks before on hand for advise and help when needed. There is a lot of pulling and stretching the materials. You must have a strong grip in your hands. These are tasks that I can no longer do myself after having corpal tunnel surgery. I just do not have the strength in my hands to do it to make them look right. And nothing looks worse on an otherwise perfect looking car than wrinkles in the seat covers and headliner. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hard top and post should be the same. I do them but I had a good teacher, don't go at it as a rookie. Along with the bows you should have two wires with hooks from the rear window to the first bow.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello Goon. My 2 post has 6 bow's and like 69hemibeep said their are two wire's that hold the bow at the back glass. When stripping mine found that it went under the pop out window frame under the door header frame also then the inside frame had some clips that held it also. I don't know why it went under pop out window frame and door header frame unless it was extra and the just put it under those trim's after installing it at factory. By the way a year from now maybe Ill ask you how to do it I have this can't remember syndrome. Well good luck a fried told me you should have two people.:worship:

Goon

Reaction score
I'm just going to have it done professionally. I'm to anal about doing stuff.
Thank You for your advice.

Back