• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Obama Plans to Raise Taxes by $1.1 Trillion

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
How Obama Plans to Raise Taxes by $1.1 Trillion

A week ago, Obama’s administration leaked his plans to increase taxes on almost everyone. Later, when the full details were released, both parties were horrified at the plan — it was an incoherent mix of tax increases and budget changes that seemed almost crafted to infuriate everyone involved.

The end result was that almost every major opinion source has rejected the plan. Progressives downright threatened to primary any Democrat who even considered voting for it. Conservatives and libertarians alike have been outraged over the tax proposals.

Now we know how much in new taxes the plan could create… 1.1 trillion according to the Treasury Department. This massive tax hike during a broken economy is essentially economic suicide, but let’s look at each major part of the tax proposal specifically, courtesy of the Heritage Foundation.

•Capping Deductions and Exemptions. The deductions and exemptions hit everyone, from corporations to individuals to even cities and towns which rely on issuing bonds for financing purposes. Part of his plan is to cap how much you can deduct from charitable donations. This is disgusting, because it means it’ll severely cut non-profits and charities. Remember, his goal is to replace everything with the state.
•The “Buffett Rule”. We’ve talked about this in the past. The entire idea is based on bad economics, dishonesty by Buffett himself, and will destroy jobs — or stop them from being ever created in the first place.
•Indexing Tax Brackets to Chained CPI. This means that Obama would automatically consider you making more money than you will in the future, by pushing your tax bracket up over time. This is essentially an accounting gimmick used to keep taxes as high as possible for as long as possible. This is a tax hike on everyone.
•Increasing the Death Tax. There are only two certainties in life: death and taxes. Obama apparently wants this to be made extra certain, because he’s planning on increasing death taxes to 45%. That’s almost half, which means that the money children get from their parents’ estate would be taxed as income at first, and then taxed at death. The end result is that this destroys family estates, pushing people to need the state. This is always his goal.
•Capping Retirement Accounts. We’ve talked about this before. This is a tax on people who will have saved their entire lives to have a comfortable retirement. Remember, when your goal is to grow the state, then independence is the enemy. Statists need you dependent on them for your next meal — that means they have to push people down from the middle class. This is simply a basic strategy that’s been used since the dawn of politics.
•Cigarette Tax Hike. Obama’s budget includes an almost 100% increase in tobacco taxes. This means even the poor would be kicked in the mouth with his budget — and he was a smoker until just recently, if his claim to have given it up is true. While I’m not a cigarette smoker, I am a believer in government leaving people alone and am against all tax increases. Even non-smokers should be united against new tobacco tax hikes.

Increasing taxes is always a bad idea, but doing it during this economy? That’s not the plan of someone trying to fix the economy. That’s the plan of someone trying to “fundamentally change” the economic structure of the country in a manner that consolidates power for himself and his elitists friends. That’s the plan of someone who worships at the alter of government — and it’s a plan we should reject.

What’s horrifying is that most people just think the taxes are for “evil rich people”, because the media continually paints Obama as supporting everyone else.

gunnar

Reaction score
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Jim S.

Reaction score
The very first law the Kenyan signed into law was Hr. 2 the Health Care Law Act. With the help of his Democratic congress he raised the tax on roll your own tobacco 3000%. It went from $1.76 a pound to $50 a pound. Granted I know most of you guys don't smoke but, talk about about a Boston tea party moment. Since then the tobacco companies have found a loophole and added 10% pipe tobacco to the roll your own stuff to bring the prices back down. Next Congress is planning to go after pipe tobacco taxes. Most of my friends and my wife have quit smoking yet I still feel it is just another freedom being lost. With all the smoking bans I'm seeing a lot of small neighborhood bars closing. The goofy Minnesota twins have removed the smoking area from their outdoor stadium. Even worse, you cannot leave and get back in. They don't even allow electronic cigarettes. So now we have no smoking bowling leagues and family friendly pool halls. I repair equipment for a lot of blues musicians and most of them have trouble finding work unless they travel to a bar where you can smoke out of state.
If it was such a great idea, 20 years ago all the bars would have went to no smoking. They also would have went broke. For awhile Hudson Wi. allowed smoking when Mn. didn't. The bars 15 miles away in Hudson were packed and the twin cities were empty. Now Hudson has jumped on the clean air act so they all are empty.
I know I will not get a lot of sympathy from non-smokers but, next it may be something we all do. Like fast-food, 20 oz. drinks, or polluting muscle cars. I'm glad I stockpiled hundreds of incandescent light bulbs. 10 years from now I may be selling them in the black market........

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its been a few years ago we were in Ireland and we noticed that at 9pm the some pubs would close their doors to become a private party in which the live music would start along with smoking.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
its really out of control......if the smoke bothers you go to a non smoking bar.....thats what they should do......and now all this other bullshit.....wtf

69B5

Reaction score
I know I'm not telling you anything new.
This administration wants to break this country.
That way, they will control everone and every thing.
I'm not sure how many of our fellow Americans reallize that we can have no crime, no shooting/stabbing of innocent people, no robberies, no home invations, no bullying, etc.
BUT, we would also have NO FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!
I totally believe that the majority of us can and will take care of ourselves, if left to our own, FARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! better than the government running our lives.
I went to a meeting on this NY Safe Act and one of our elected offical's (I woun't say who in fear that Big Brother is monitoring)
got up and said, what we allready know, that this Safe Act doe's absolutly nothing to protect our children, our selves, our property or anything. He said, make NO MISTAKE!!!! this is all about confication of our guns. He said, DON"T EVER regester your guns, no matter what,, he said he was a gun owner and that he will not comply to any type, form, or notion of registration. If we give up our second ammendment rights, register our guns, and in any way give into policies that restrict our freedoms as American's, in a very few short years we will be all done as a democratic, free nation!!!!!!!
It's easy to set here at my key board and proclaim to hold stead fast against any attempt to take away my rights. But look where this is all going!!! Retirement- it used to be 62 for me, but they have stolen four years, now 66. And cutting benifites that we all have worked our A--'s off to have a comfortable retirement. They call this an intitlement,. Intitlement my A--!!!!!!!!!
And as we all know, the list go's on and on.
I'm not advocating violance of any kind, our money they all ready have, in SS, medicare, banks, stock's, income and sales tax's,
They certainly have the power and the ability to starve us out.
I'm not implying what we should do, but what we must do if they come.
If you don't here from me again because I exercised my first amendment rights, it's probibly because I slipped and fell into my back yard pool and drown'd. Wait!!!!!! I don't have a pool!!!!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Remember all the warnings during the first election and how we were considered right wing nuts for believing in them. Well the chickens have come home to roost, damn near everything said about him has come out or is going to. How do you like your hope and change now, still higher unemployment than during W's two term, yeah I know it's his fault, get over it. It was announced today that George W has now got the same approval rating as the big O :yesnod:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
i agree on not registering any guns.....i dont want these guys knocking on my door......you better be stocking up on ammo too since it seems to be getting hard to find.....obama is looking to destoy america period.....that was and is his plan....the elections were fixed and i still want to see his birth certificate....everybody is still out of work and his obamacare is killing all the small guys.....talking to a buddy and his boss wanted to cut his pay because of obamacare....yep.....hows your hope and change now.....not good at all

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I could not agree more. I try not to read stuff like this sometimes because I get irritated as hell.
Similarly, I enjoy Wilkow, Hannity, and Mark Levin, but at times I have to tune out because it boils my blood.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
I could not agree more. I try not to read stuff like this sometimes because I get irritated as hell.
Similarly, I enjoy Wilkow, Hannity, and Mark Levin, but at times I have to tune out because it boils my blood.
I can't watch Hannity his guest interviews are to out of control for me.

Back