• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Hurst Pistol Grip?

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am in the process of replacing my old worn out 4-speed Hurst Pistol Grip on my '71 Roadrunner. As you can see from the pictures, the lens on the old one has a cracked bezel... the older grip was pretty faded too.

I was able to replace the grip as you can see, but I can't seem to figure out how the lens stays inserted into the bezel? The old grip's bezel looks like it was somehow pressed around the lens.

So, I left the old lens and bezel with the new grip until I can figure out how to secure the new lens into place on the new bezel. Thank you everyone!

~Ritchie

Hurst1.jpegHurst3.jpegHurst2.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Only thing is could not find about removing that part on the web. Contact Brewers. Those guys know a lot. See they sell the parts you are showing. They may know the trick to getting it off. Good luck.

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Only thing is could not find about removing that part on the web. Contact Brewers. Those guys know a lot. See they sell the parts you are showing. They may know the trick to getting it off. Good luck.
Turns out the metal from the handle is peened over the bezel to secure it. I'm not picking that fight haha. Just gonna swap out the handles and leave the old bezel and lens on. It's a little cracked, but I'm gonna live with it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So, you don't want to open the can of worms. I don't blame you one bit. Where did you get your information from? I was hoping that it was a simple trick to get it off. Maybe a shop near you that can do it for you. Sorry for the luck. :(

MoparDan

Reaction score
Mine (I have two shifter handles) are not peened over, they are very tight though. I rebuilt my older one and used epoxy. It's not going anywhere.

Back